• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Had the North East booming in here very loud this morning. Seemed to be a small area around Boston with many stations hitting me S9+ while sitting right in the driveway (otherwise known as the middle of QRM city).

Been quiet since about 12:00, I guess, which is probably good ‘cause I had many chores racked up...lol.

The band is open to Delaware. My four pill is broke so I am on the President Madison with a Texas Star 350HD.
38LSB
955 Florida
1234 Florida
505 Albuquerque New Mexico (real nice QSO I used to live there)
224 Florida
Three Legged Dog Tampa Bay Florida
777 Florida
World Radio 0714 Southern California (30 seconds worth and then gone)
17 Rick Florida (big signal)
954 Florida
620 New Smyrna Beach Florida
429 Del Ray Beach Florida
1K5 Florida
583 South Florida mobile

CH28
010 Florida mobile

CH22
502 Florida
357 Magnum Florida

A pipeline to Florida. Nice!

Nothin here for days.:(

About an hour and 15 minutes ago, I made contact with 953 and 350 in Panama City in the Florida panhandle. That's about 460 miles as the crow flies. I heard a few other stations out there, but the skip died out within minutes.

Just now, I made contact with 207 in Western Tennessee. We QSYed over to LSB 37, but the bottom soon fell out and the skip died.

We're expecting some rough weather this week-end. That oftentimes opens up some skip opportunities. Let's see what Mother Nature gives us.

Last edited:
So quiet I could hear Recons dog snoring

One for the ages.

Okay. It’s official:

1). I have (7) radios. Not (4).

2). I have (17) mobile antennas. Not (12)

And not one is hooked up

Runnng power in the CTD won’t take long. A BUSS termination fuse and a new lug. Splice in a radio three-way at the other end.

Slomp (that’s the sound it makes) the tri-mag with the blinding chrome Texan onto the roof.

Start swapping around the SSB radios.

Pretend I’m in the game.

Even after y’all cracked me up numerous times, can’t believe I just read this 55-page thread in one sitting.

RADIO AMATEURS
Graduate Level Paint Drying Obsevations; or,
Watching the Grass Grow.

(Rocking Chair with
Adjustable Lumbar
= extra-cost option).

Last edited:
About an hour and 15 minutes ago, I made contact with 953 and 350 in Panama City in the Florida panhandle. That's about 460 miles as the crow flies. I heard a few other stations out there, but the skip died out within minutes.

Just now, I made contact with 207 in Western Tennessee. We QSYed over to LSB 37, but the bottom soon fell out and the skip died.

We're expecting some rough weather this week-end. That oftentimes opens up some skip opportunities. Let's see what Mother Nature gives us.
Would love to
Go back in time 15 years when conditions where very good lots of stations could be heard from 2 division without very little power needed for a qso

Skip , last cycle I chatted w/ 2 Div daily , most of the time mobile out running errands . Keep me updated , I'm in RI maybe I can catch you on the way through ?(y):) If you remember PM me that day I'll make sure I'm on the radio as you pass through my state !:)

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.