• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

This is why I got my license. Despite the dismal conditions on 11 meters, there is always activity on 20 meters during the day and 40 meters day and night. Making contacts is easy.

Still, I miss CB. And as beautiful and sophisticated as my FTDX-3000 is, I still drool over vintage CB base stations and antennas.

Given a good solar cycle, I might make a change. :whistle:

Sun spot numbers were up yesterday, and even today they're still around (11). I don't know if it was that, something more atmospheric, or a combination of the two, but I had a pipeline from Houston to 4-Land over the weekend on 40m, with some very strong signals. :)

That's why I had it done ! I only feed it 1-1 1/2 watts but my voltage is about 20 volts till I key ! I run on Medium till someone pisses me off .:whistle: I don't have a massive amp , just my old " Gray " !

Reactions: S&W357 and 2NC995
Not had any DX going on here but did take a picture of some coffee brands we have in the house that made me think of two of you guys...Redbeard U812 and Undertaker (y)

Redbeard U812

View attachment 33081

Undertaker

View attachment 33082

Which one dare you drink first?

Hope you keep them under lock & key they don’t start wandering around on their own.

At least when you hear a bump in the night, you know WHAT it is . .

I’ve got the supplies, tools and the rest laid out on the Dodge to get that mobile on the air. (4) braided straps done today between working online and answering phone calls.

Soon

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.