• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

what in the world!!!

Yeah, I know!! Powered it ON and the usual bands weren't there (24 and 28 MHz only), so I thought "okay, I'll just redo it", but except for being able to do a reset, the menu setting where I'd punch in the code just sez "Err xxx" so I couldn't get to it (only the reset worked). I opened it up to verify the resistor was doing it's job, and it was. Needless to say, I'm bummed out about it.

Reactions: Slowmover
It was a good DX night indeed. Contacts with varied locations. Two Canadian provinces and seven different U.S. states. Numerous contacts in the states listed.

Quebec, Ontario, Michigan, Wisconsin, Iowa, New York, Illinois, Arkansas, Texas.

Favorite contact was yet again with forum member CB590 in Unidilla New York. That was either the 2nd or 3rd time we've connected on the radios. (y)

WDX-556

Might want to trade that rental car for a sled.

Not looking bad. Just wet. Temps today (to MO line stop point) from low of 52F to 62F high.

Temps at destination projected highs at 40F and better from Monday.

It’s on Thursday it may matter. Headquarters waaay on up in MN.

But more likely I’ll be headed zig-zag back to Texas to load remaining gear into tractor.

Spent part of last nights tornado watch and this mornings snow setting up radio gear in/on my pickup.

Threw the truckdriver gear into the rental, and made doggoned sure coffee mug & thermos present

Moved radio gear to rental as last step. Strapped radio & speaker to formers transport case. Buckled seatbelt around it.

Made a good guess where to drop tri-mag. Snaked coax thru back window. Used Frog Tape to seal.

Slid into into drivers seat and got out never-used cigar lighter power cord (with spare fuse I taped to it last night).

Wow.
There’s no outlet.
Anywhere.
Zip.

Nada.
. 11-Meter is SO QUIET I can’t even hear Recons dog snoring.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.