• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

You got that right, Eldorado. I heard all sorts of stuff coming in and then the bottom would drop. 20 minutes later would bring a new wave of skip and then the bottom would drop out again. I got to exchange a few words with 305 out of South Carolina on LSB 38 and that was it.

Tamitha Skov, the space weather prognosticator says we are seeing signs that solar cycle 25 is coming. I'm still looking.

You got that right, Eldorado. I heard all sorts of stuff coming in and then the bottom would drop. 20 minutes later would bring a new wave of skip and then the bottom would drop out again. I got to exchange a few words with 305 out of South Carolina on LSB 38 and that was it.

Tamitha Skov, the space weather prognosticator says we are seeing signs that solar cycle 25 is coming. I'm still looking.

Come on cycle 25! I remember around 2009/2010ish it seemed like it was last Thursday night every night, worked a lot of stations with a galaxy 959, had lots of late nights with lots of contacts. We had a forum call sign list back on the CB Tricks site and it seemed pretty regular talking with forum members there.

Hit 649 Belize couple times yesterday evening. Skip would drop and creep back in. Could here the guys out in Phoenix but no contact.

Dogs decided to fornicate and I had to curtail my radio efforts due to a dog knot. Guess the sporadic rf effects was an aphrodisiac to K9 senses.

Time to dust off the Freeband freqs , ouch did I say that? lol
73's, Ocean One Cape Hatteras
Yup. Have Stryker 497 that got struck and let out blue poof. Burned out finals and prolly udder stuff too. That radio made good AM contacts.

Still yet to hook up new 2970N2 in box.....but have to swap out a toilet, and two faucets today.

Reactions: 357magnum
Here's the way it worked today , couldn't pry myself away from my local channel 21 am . All the Big Boy's showed up from 6 - 28 ! I had some good conversations all afternoon w/ Ricochet & Double Trouble , if they were on their regular channels I probably couldn't have got a break ! This was direct line almost all afternoon ! What a day " Ol' 357Magnum " had ! 73 & God Bless , Leo

Old 75 and Wolfman were stirring the pot on ch 20 am this afternoon from the Bam. We were talking everywhere from Florida up to NYC, Philly, Jersey and Michigan. I then slid up to 38 LSB and talked with our buddy, ENC Pirate for a bit. Skip was good today. Looks like game time.....so Roll Tide Y'all

Old 75 and Wolfman were stirring the pot on ch 20 am this afternoon from the Bam. We were talking everywhere from Florida up to NYC, Philly, Jersey and Michigan. I then slid up to 38 LSB and talked with our buddy, ENC Pirate for a bit. Skip was good today. Looks like game time.....so Roll Tide Y'all
Nice to get you on the band today, strong contact, wonder how you snuck into my yard?,lol After we made contact I realized I had the beams pointed North, just think of what your signal would have been if I had been pointed at you. 73's my friend.
Ocean One Cape Hatteras

SSB DX good again here today as well. States S & S/SW of me here in NC. Also heard lots of NC stations that I usually don’t hear.

Pretty sure I heard forum member ENC Pirate aka “Ocean One” at Cape Hatteras NC. No QSO.
We will make contact in the future,bands are a bit better each day. 73's Ocean One Cape Hatteras

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.