• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

With the mount, HD spring, and 102" SS whip is approx 108". A99 is 17'-0". An A99 is 1/2 wave, where 108" is 1/4" wave antenna. A99 is fiberglass, a 102" is stainless steel. 1/2 wave should out perform a 1/4 wave. Wind load of a 102" is less than 17'-0". Can straighten SS Whip with a hatchet, fiberglass you cannot. Can polish SS Whip with steel wool, sand paper, or a file....obviously with fiberglass you cannot. A99 has 3 sections, 102" whip is one piece. You can beat your little brother with a 102" whip and straighten it back out...an A99 will shatter into splinters, and with any luck some will be embedded in his ass. ;)
i like my A 99.it is 2 ft above my roof,and got a tram 1480 20 ft up for 2 meter and 70 cm.i use my A 99 for 10 and 11 meters

Reactions: Cutlass327
Antenna only bent a littleView attachment 33817
Hmmm....you did bend it, a little. Couple small combo wrenches, box end over antenna. Maybe a bench vice. I've got a hatchet I use.

Yes, a hatchet......the flat side. Antenna on wood surface.

Wait....
You just ordered that? From Amazon? If so you can ship back for free, free replacement. Geeze. I'd wanna whoop somebody.

Yep, thats how it got delivered yesterday from Amazon.
It was shipped in a crappy cardboard box, not in a pvc tube like others received.. Came from Oregon.
I wonder if they had to bend it to fit it in the mail truck.

that demon 340 powered? Id take the demon,trade you 2 980's and 1 wilson 4ft antenna that got out great on last t 600 kw i drove for last boss and a great mag mount cb antenna foss cb built

The Demon was 340 powered wit a 4spd.
The 340 is sitting on an engine stand. 13-1 comp. .525 solid cam, roller rockers.
I stuffed a 440 in it 11.5-1 comp. .590 solid cam

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.