• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Maybe things will be better tonight as I got notified the 102" and something else was delivered. Still waiting on some more pieces and parts. They should be here tomorrow and Friday
Hope you have a tri-mag for that 102". I'm one for solid mounts and bonding. But, do realise not everyone can or has accommodations for that.

Reactions: Unit 75 and Rwb
View attachment 33791 View attachment 33792
Was gonna put this nmo mount on my pickup,but the warning skeert me.
Got to think9n give these mounts to welfare bums haha HAHA

We’re shipping all bums to East Africa. Billions of locusts covering areas larger than any city on Earth presently devouring all in sight. Some Tony Chachere and them bums will eat like kings. The Progressives are scrambling to get recipe books put together, suitcases packed, leases broken ‘cause: lead forward, kindly light, Moises and the New Israelites are on the way. .

This, my friends, is kumbayah

Last edited:
I does....when band is open. No trees dwn here, mid coast Texas, so the mast is a Redbeard Drill Pipe Breakover #1. Redbeard Drill Pipe Breakover #2 has completed preliminary drawings and submitted for review to the Redbeard QA/QC department. Meanwhile, The Redbeard Procurement Dept. has allocated the materials on site. Redbeard Fabricating and Welding is awaiting final review and approval with IFC Drawings.

The StarBuster has talked to West Indies, many states Eastern Seaboard, Midwestern, and Western. Recently, contact many times to South America (Belize)

How would that Starbuster design compare to a Solarcon A99 with ground plane? Thinking ahead for next time I have to bring that A99 down, as I want to get it a little higher up (26" at the moment), so pondering my routes..

Reactions: Rwb
View attachment 33791 View attachment 33792
Was gonna put this nmo mount on my pickup,but the warning skeert me.
Got to think9n give these mounts to welfare bums haha HAHA
Those warnings are there to notify you that "only in Kalifornia" do those cause cancer. Must read Prop. 64 closely. But save the plastic bags they came in.....you can stuff a few progressive bums inside and ship for free.....Prop. 64 specifically states "free shipping" of dead weight to California.

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
Antenna only bent a littleView attachment 33817
Hmmm....you did bend it, a little. Couple small combo wrenches, box end over antenna. Maybe a bench vice. I've got a hatchet I use.

Yes, a hatchet......the flat side. Antenna on wood surface.

Wait....
You just ordered that? From Amazon? If so you can ship back for free, free replacement. Geeze. I'd wanna whoop somebody.

Last edited:
How would that Starbuster design compare to a Solarcon A99 with ground plane? Thinking ahead for next time I have to bring that A99 down, as I want to get it a little higher up (26" at the moment), so pondering my routes..
With the mount, HD spring, and 102" SS whip is approx 108". A99 is 17'-0". An A99 is 1/2 wave, where 108" is 1/4" wave antenna. A99 is fiberglass, a 102" is stainless steel. 1/2 wave should out perform a 1/4 wave. Wind load of a 102" is less than 17'-0". Can straighten SS Whip with a hatchet, fiberglass you cannot. Can polish SS Whip with steel wool, sand paper, or a file....obviously with fiberglass you cannot. A99 has 3 sections, 102" whip is one piece. You can beat your little brother with a 102" whip and straighten it back out...an A99 will shatter into splinters, and with any luck some will be embedded in his ass. ;)

Humm
Those warnings are there to notify you that "only in Kalifornia" do those cause cancer. Must read Prop. 64 closely. But save the plastic bags they came in.....you can stuff a few progressive bums inside and ship for free.....Prop. 64 specifically states "free shipping" of dead weight to California.
good idea

Reactions: Redbeard U812

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.