• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Band is open here, but the lightning leaves me a little scared to sit on the beach...hahaha.

Australia is reporting some US activity as I write this...not a bad time to point antennas towards the Pacific.
are you drinking those little drinks with umberillas in them

Reactions: TheRATT
Band is open here, but the lightning leaves me a little scared to sit on the beach...hahaha.

Australia is reporting some US activity as I write this...not a bad time to point antennas towards the Pacific.
Next time you go, if there is location you can hook jumper cables to your truck frame and other end in the water it may reveal interesting results. I used to do that down on San Antonio Bay. Hit Hawaii from TX. And a few other distant contacts.

Next time you go, if there is location you can hook jumper cables to your truck frame and other end in the water it may reveal interesting results. I used to do that down on San Antonio Bay. Hit Hawaii from TX. And a few other distant contacts.

I actually park at a spot where my bumper hangs over the ICW. The ICW, or rather a bay along on its path, is about 6’ directly below my bumper.

I’ve done this before and I’m not sure it made a difference to be honest. Just being at the water seems to make a huge difference. I can be 1/4 mile away and barely hear anything, and then everything is S9 and traffic in every freq in my radio as I pull up...straight back to nothing when I pull away.

As we sometimes post about no propagation (title of thread), it’s just not like that here. There is international propagation to some extent nearly every day here. I typically spend only a couple hours a day and have logged 140 international contacts in the past 3 weeks...all from my mobile.

I actually park at a spot where my bumper hangs over the ICW. The ICW, or rather a bay along on its path, is about 6’ directly below my bumper.

I’ve done this before and I’m not sure it made a difference to be honest. Just being at the water seems to make a huge difference. I can be 1/4 mile away and barely hear anything, and then everything is S9 and traffic in every freq in my radio as I pull up...straight back to nothing when I pull away.

As we sometimes post about no propagation (title of thread), it’s just not like that here. There is international propagation to some extent nearly every day here. I typically spend only a couple hours a day and have logged 140 international contacts in the past 3 weeks...all from my mobile.

And using a TRAM 1499 on a broomstick stuck in a truck bed posthole.

Reactions: Rwb

Missed that one :( But that was pretty bad lightning , passed over Hatteras and I was thinking you were in line also a bit before me, got intense for awhile. 73's
Ocean One Cape Hatteras

Reactions: Rwb and 2NC995

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.