• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

There wasn't much skip at all today. However, I heard two pockets of it in radio traffic from Latin America.

The first group I heard was on USB 23. This was the first I ever heard any SSB skip on that frequency. These guys had like a chat group going.

The other group I heard was on USB 30, where I actually heard 2 groups. One sounded by the accent to be from Mexico. The second group was speaking with a distinctly Argentinian accent. They definitely were unaware of each other.

Interesting conditions today bringing in the skip from west of me and well south.

There wasn't much skip at all today. However, I heard two pockets of it in radio traffic from Latin America.

The first group I heard was on USB 23. This was the first I ever heard any SSB skip on that frequency. These guys had like a chat group going.

The other group I heard was on USB 30, where I actually heard 2 groups. One sounded by the accent to be from Mexico. The second group was speaking with a distinctly Argentinian accent. They definitely were unaware of each other.

Interesting conditions today bringing in the skip from west of me and well south.
id bet thats what i heard also,nd up on 28540 usb was more very weak but positive signal

Nw corner dead air for months and months now., not even sporadic e. Im so tired of this already. No locals either just sssssssssssstatic. Lame. E coast seems to get e skip almost every day, im jealous. Must be all the storms constantly going on in that half of the country

Nw corner dead air for months and months now., not even sporadic e. Im so tired of this already. No locals either just sssssssssssstatic. Lame. E coast seems to get e skip almost every day, im jealous. Must be all the storms constantly going on in that half of the country
political storms perhaps?

Reactions: S&W357
No......effects of Covid running rampid in Washington State. Always dead air up there, liberal run, what can anyone do.

Reactions: S&W357 and Rwb

The MUF across the south-central US climbed up to around 30 MHz on Saturday 4-4-20. I was monitoring 28.074 MHz (10m FT-8 watering hole) and had everything from the Caribbean down to the tip of Argentina with good signals into my East Texas QTH.

Handy site: http://spacew.com/www/realtime.php

KP4PR IN PURTO RICO IS ON 28.356 USB RITE NOW 6:07 PM 4-5-20

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?