• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I actually park at a spot where my bumper hangs over the ICW. The ICW, or rather a bay along on its path, is about 6’ directly below my bumper.

I’ve done this before and I’m not sure it made a difference to be honest. Just being at the water seems to make a huge difference. I can be 1/4 mile away and barely hear anything, and then everything is S9 and traffic in every freq in my radio as I pull up...straight back to nothing when I pull away.

As we sometimes post about no propagation (title of thread), it’s just not like that here. There is international propagation to some extent nearly every day here. I typically spend only a couple hours a day and have logged 140 international contacts in the past 3 weeks...all from my mobile.
I agree Dan, something about the water, I have the ocean 150 feet to the east, and the Pamlico Sound to the west, Antenna mast's are in salt marsh, I'd mention some of the places I hear signals from but no one would believe me,lol. My guess is extended ground wave, I can talk to S america with better reception than my cell phone,lol. Only downside of this huge amount of water is with it comes a lot of ground noise also, and I mean a lot. Beams help some but not a lot. I have heard stations in S America talking to you, but I have no luck raising you about 50 miles away, go figure,lol. 73's
Ocean One Cape Hatteras

I agree Dan, something about the water, I have the ocean 150 feet to the east, and the Pamlico Sound to the west, Antenna mast's are in salt marsh, I'd mention some of the places I hear signals from but no one would believe me,lol. My guess is extended ground wave, I can talk to S america with better reception than my cell phone,lol. Only downside of this huge amount of water is with it comes a lot of ground noise also, and I mean a lot. Beams help some but not a lot. I have heard stations in S America talking to you, but I have no luck raising you about 50 miles away, go figure,lol. 73's
Ocean One Cape Hatteras
years back when i trucked coast to coast,i carried my grundig yacht boy.id get as close to ocean as possible n not get stuck.seemed sortwave improved immencly. Much more foreign broadcasts n even north american broadcasts

Litening to ch6 27.0250 and the ship is rolling from Jamaica to Iowa!!
Everybody YAK-YAC walkin all over each other!! NOBODY listening!!
Did make contact 156 in Oklahoma,,,Nothing like the 70's where you
could actually get a break!!

Jumped on just to see what would happen and qso with Montana and Missouri. Not bad for a 5 minute sneak into the shack. If it would only open up when I have the freedom to spend some time in the shack....

Really loving the anytone 6666, it's impressive

Here comes the front.....lightning and all. Unplugged and disconnected antenna. Don't want the blue smoke like my Stryker. I need to get that repaired, something like $80 for the amp board that got toasted, but wtf else is fried, who knows.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated