• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Packing my stuff. I will leave early (like 4:am EDST) or before, so that I arrive at the contest station no later than 5:30 am.(80 mile drive)
I start my board shift at 6:00 am EDST:)
Hopefully these T-Storm loose their steam before I go on. Not so much of and issue on 40 meters...but if there are stations on 80 or 160 meters we need the noise really becomes and issue. Even with the beverage and loop pendent receive antennas it is hard to ear through the crashes.
Anyway time to work some SERIOUS DX...Asia/South Pacific...I am coming your way!!!
I'll be on 20 meters after Sunrise...then about Noon try and catch a few Zzzz's and then back on shift at 6:00PM till Midnight or later if the bands stay open.
I may be up All night!!!
Hard to walk away when Europe or the S. Pacific is still calling!!!:love::ROFLMAO:
You never know when a NEW one will call!
All the Best...Hope the Band Gods are good to all!
Gary/W9FNB

PS: Last year we were #6 is the USA...#11 North America...and I think #47 Worldwide in our class(aprox 180+ entries)...got to try and be better!!:LOL:

A pic or two of “the Station” if convenient.

8A67DCCE-558F-4260-A83C-83110E1A4F44.jpeg

Hope you brought along your good luck charm.

Lots of DX earlier this morning mostly to the North of me...PA, NY, NJ, etc. Some sporadic from other directions as well. When DX is rolling I stay on SSB.

Was talking to a semi local guy on .355 AM this morning and a guy from Alabama joined us in the conversation.

Reactions: r carl
I know what you mean! I call CQ and most of time it’s dead air. Oh well..keep trying.

California has been coming in pretty good to NC the last few days. Do you talk on SSB or AM? What do you go by? If you hear 556 North Carolina on SSB give me a shout. (y)

If he’d stayed on AM-19, he’d have had it all to himself.

Modify that. Someone’s had Hesperia, CA locked down on AM-19.

Might’ve gotten past the two-hundred (200) car Trump parade at the top of the Pass — getting on IH15 — just a little more easily as I got off at the Pilot.

But, no, some simpleton gets his feelings hurt by arguing. Or something.

That is one sketchy truck stop, by the way.

Reactions: Tokin
Modify that. Someone’s had Hesperia, CA locked down on AM-19.

Might’ve gotten past the two-hundred (200) car Trump parade at the top of the Pass — getting on IH15 — just a little more easily as I got off at the Pilot.

But, no, some simpleton gets his feelings hurt by arguing. Or something.

That is one sketchy truck stop, by the way.

I was in a sketchy t/a outside sanfran back in the 80's. Had to cross a one lane wooden bridge to get into the tiny dirt lot. Bet it didnt hold 20 trucks.

Reactions: Slowmover
I do both. I am 917 SoCal. Where on SSB are you mostly on? As for AM...I just jump around and see what’s going on.

917...I’ll be calling for you. I go on .385 LSB to see what’s going on.

Talk there if not too much of a train wreck. Then QSY to another frequency usually between .365-.405.

Sometimes above .405.

Reactions: ForestRunner98

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated