• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I've given up on 11m, and all HF as well. Constant S9 plus noise, tried killing main breaker to house and rig off a SLA battery, no reduction.
Horizontal longwire marginally better, but still unusable.
Loosening of imported goods emissions standards to blame.

Guess I'm one of the lucky guys. I have about 17 locals within a 60 mile radius that talk everyday. Everyone runs a little power but none really crank it up. As for the power hitters running thousands of watts when skip is rolling, we just avoid the super bowl and stay away from channel 6. If skip is real bad we just find a quieter channel and go side band. I enjoy having a conversation with someone 50 miles away much more than a 500 mile 30 second dx contact.

I've given up on 11m, and all HF as well. Constant S9 plus noise, tried killing main breaker to house and rig off a SLA battery, no reduction.
Horizontal longwire marginally better, but still unusable.
Loosening of imported goods emissions standards to blame.

Solar panels are killer during day time hours. My neighbor had some installed this past December, and that cut my ears off.

Guess I'm one of the lucky guys. I have about 17 locals within a 60 mile radius that talk everyday. Everyone runs a little power but none really crank it up. As for the power hitters running thousands of watts when skip is rolling, we just avoid the super bowl and stay away from channel 6. If skip is real bad we just find a quieter channel and go side band. I enjoy having a conversation with someone 50 miles away much more than a 500 mile 30 second dx contact.

Great description!!

Reactions: S&W357
Solar panels are killer during day time hours. My neighbor had some installed this past December, and that cut my ears off.
Lots of solar power here in the desert southwest, so the QRM is abundant. My neighbor is completing his solar install this week. I put a 102 inch whip and a MFJ mobile tuner in the truck last fall, and operate 38 LSB mobile. Worked skip from New Mexico to southern and central California last week, which was fun. Radio is a barefoot Uniden 980SSB.

Lots of solar power here in the desert southwest, so the QRM is abundant. My neighbor is completing his solar install this week. I put a 102 inch whip and a MFJ mobile tuner in the truck last fall, and operate 38 LSB mobile. Worked skip from New Mexico to southern and central California last week, which was fun. Radio is a barefoot Uniden 980SSB.
I lived in Albuquerque about 30 years ago, sure is beautiful country. My first daughter was born there. Its really neat to see old cars from the 50s and 60s driving down the road on a regular basis. Dry climate and no salt on the roads in the winter is easy on the cars for sure. In Delaware, people are lucky to get 10 years out of a car before a rust spot pops up around the fender. The wife and I are going on a road trip when we retire. Thanks man for bringing back some great memories!

been so busy i missed any radio work except when i used channel 22 for unloading info

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated