• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Well I am pretty stoked, I took a walk when mother nature told me to turn back home otherwise I would be squatting in somebodies bushes. Anyway I got home, heard Australia in the recieve and made 4 contacts to Australia. Two of them were real good plenty of signal! First contact with Australia from my base station. First one in about 6 years as well. This is with a Sirio boomerang antenna mounted at just 6 ft high. Well that and few hundred watts.

Yesterday evening I had all but given up on skip, however I made some quick contacts to Maine and New Hamshire on 37 LSB from central Texas with just my Lincoln 2 in the semi. I heard Australia in there but could not make contact.

Last edited:
Well I am pretty stoked, I took a walk when mother nature told me to turn back home otherwise I would be squatting in somebodies bushes. Anyway I got home, heard Australia in the recieve and made 4 contacts to Australia. Two of them were real good plenty of signal! First contact with Australia from my base station. First one in about 6 years as well. This is with a Sirio boomerang antenna mounted at just 6 ft high. Well that and few hundred watts.

Yesterday evening I had all but given up on skip, however I made some quick contacts to Maine and New Hamshire on 37 LSB from central Texas with just my Lincoln 2 in the semi. I heard Australia in there but could not make contact.

You wouldn’t believe the number of grim-faced truck drivers who just barely make that “dragging one leg” gimp to the building. Neither too fast nor too slow. (And usually make it).

Usually.

Reactions: S&W357 and codeman

Nah....it wasn't the fire in the wire! It the Boomerang phoning home!

JD

Lots of skip this afternoon. On ch 38 lsb I talked to Florida, Georgia and Alabama. And then the blah blah guy started. So then I went back to ch 20 and soon had a direct line to Alabama. I talked to 101 and 601 then talked to Train Man, @Unit 75. Good to talk to you sir, I tried earlier when I heard you. But I guess mother nature made me wait my turn. It was worth waiting for though, I think I almost caused a pile up. Talking on my Cobra 148 with kl203 and star duster in the garage, I was working on the wife's truck and several times heard people calling me after I quit trying and started working on the truck again. I picked up the mic several times with a greasy hand so as not to miss a contact. Man, this DX stuff can be a lot of work! Haha!

Eight, Zero, Eight on my 148 Waving... Break, Break.....

IMG_20210429_180039551.jpg

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated