• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Always wanted to say a mobile in Mobile!!!

I do.... 144 in Alabama on this 4 pill mobile in Mobile...

I belive I heard you the other day but wasn't able to get down to you
Most likely. You probably even made it but your numbers were covered up, that happens so much it ticks me the heck off. Someone comes in clear and then someone else keys and covers the numbers...EVERY time they say them.

I do.... 144 in Alabama on this 4 pill mobile in Mobile...

Most likely. You probably even made it but your numbers were covered up, that happens so much it ticks me the heck off. Someone comes in clear and then someone else keys and covers the numbers...EVERY time they say them.
No doubt there was two doing it yesterday and it was driving me insane

And of course the 2 38LSB degenerates Chris Sweeney AE5QJ, aka Delta Tango 306, aka Sheriff Bob and his former convicted felon drug user/dealer Matt Bohl W7ZFG, aka W979 were out there today and over the weekend causing hate and discontent, cussing, calling people filthy names, etc.

Running Razorback Alley post 1400 not for the faint of heart (W Memphis to Little Rock), as that’s a long two hours. Long.

The stupids crowding the left lane when traffic volume is just too high backs my 70-mph truck down to 62-mph. I manage the flow to get them around me quickest. Ease along, as it won’t change my day.

Radio has what you’d expect on AM-19; and much of it naught but selfish pratter. Self-importance about who should get out of the way of whom. Etc.

But they don’t expect a big radio and a truck faster than theirs when it matters. The combination is read by seasoned observers who only need on-air hints as to what’s happened when some a-wipe just got trapped trying to pass from the right when a “slow” truck moved left . . . and wall-to-wall trucks now coming up the Monfort Lane kept him there after he couldn’t get ahead. They all laughed and closed the gaps.

Just couldn’t help myself.

“Green smoke, white smoke, kick it back to 26 for the real deal”.

And, DAMN it was hot today driving west.

Last edited:
Dang it, 144. I usually have the beam pointed north. I forgot you was south of me. I did hear you the other day on ch20 am. I'm up around Oxford / Anniston area...south side of Coldwater Mountain. I'm always on ch20 AM in the shop....it makes it easier for customers to get in touch with me. Gimmie a shout some time. Trainman is the handle.
Train, Train and more Train....I'll see ya!

Dang it, 144. I usually have the beam pointed north. I forgot you was south of me. I did hear you the other day on ch20 am. I'm up around Oxford / Anniston area...south side of Coldwater Mountain. I'm always on ch20 AM in the shop....it makes it easier for customers to get in touch with me. Gimmie a shout some time. Trainman is the handle.
Train, Train and more Train....I'll see ya!

I'll sure do it! Always enjoy making contact with the home state crowd.

Running Razorback Alley post 1400 not for the faint of heart (W Memphis to Little Rock), as that’s a long two hours. Long.

The stupids crowding the left lane when traffic volume is just too high backs my 70-mph truck down to 62-mph. I manage the flow to get them around me quickest. Ease along, as it won’t change my day.

Radio has what you’d expect on AM-19; and much of it naught but selfish pratter. Self-importance about who should get out of the way of whom. Etc.

But they don’t expect a big radio and a truck faster than theirs when it matters. The combination is read by seasoned observers who only need on-air hints as to what’s happened when some a-wipe just got trapped trying to pass from the right when a “slow” truck moved left . . . and wall-to-wall trucks now coming up the Monfort Lane kept him there after he couldn’t get ahead. They all laughed and closed the gaps.

Just couldn’t help myself.

“Green smoke, white smoke, kick it back to 26 for the real deal”.

And, DAMN it was hot today driving west.

I don't drive a big rig anymore. Being stuck on the lower end of 98th St. in Oakland California during the Rodney King riots ended it for me. I understand what you guys have to deal with. But now I deal with big rigs camped out in the left lane on a daily basis. They had enough steam to blow the whistle but not enough to pull the train and refuse to move over. I hate those right lane passing in a hurry asshats too. But Arkansas will soon be issuing tickets to anyone lane locking or otherwise holding up the flow of traffic.
As for 11 meter radio it was a good night. Talked close to 85 miles local with 80 watts. Had one guy on skip from N.M. that joined us for quite a while. We all talked until he jumped up on a soapbox and wanted to preach how all the white people was keeping all the black people from talking on the radio. We just ignored him from that point on. Me and that massive 80 watts just kept talking and tearing up the airwaves lol

Reactions: Slowmover
I don't drive a big rig anymore. Being stuck on the lower end of 98th St. in Oakland California during the Rodney King riots ended it for me. I understand what you guys have to deal with. But now I deal with big rigs camped out in the left lane on a daily basis. They had enough steam to blow the whistle but not enough to pull the train and refuse to move over. I hate those right lane passing in a hurry asshats too. But Arkansas will soon be issuing tickets to anyone lane locking or otherwise holding up the flow of traffic.
As for 11 meter radio it was a good night. Talked close to 85 miles local with 80 watts. Had one guy on skip from N.M. that joined us for quite a while. We all talked until he jumped up on a soapbox and wanted to preach how all the white people was keeping all the black people from talking on the radio. We just ignored him from that point on. Me and that massive 80 watts just kept talking and tearing up the airwaves lol

For anyone reading this: the left-lane problem is the right lane jerk who refuses his part in responsibility which is to back off in speed and get the man passing around fastest.

The idea of giving tickets is a sop to every car driver convinced he’s ALSO not part of responsible driving as he’s CONSTANTLY tail-gating and driving too fast for conditions (the biggest of which is traffic volume).

You can’t have people who are fundamentally children and incapable of spatial time-distance problem-solving operating wildly on the roads. Recklessly. Yet we do. They’re PAST their abilities at highway speeds. None of this seen forty, fifty years ago. Starts thirty years ago. And now, copied by those capable of proper action.

Can’t figure Yield from Merge. So, don’t.

A big reason to have a high-quality radio installation in the car is to get the heads-up a multi-car collision (tailgaters) has just occurred as the others not crashed panic to make things worse for everyone coming up.

The problem isn’t big trucks in slow-passing, it’s in allowing selfishness to GROW without any education attempted (beyond a fig leaf of coverage) to get ALL drivers to understand their part in highway hygiene.
And to start giving tickets for it.

The bad behaviors have increased by a factor or more in under ten years.

In short, don’t believe for a moment the equally-selfish truck drivers about slow passes. The ones complaining never had a father, only a baby daddy didn’t much like them.

— it’s no one else’s business about a pass.

— traveling faster confers NO right-of-way ( read that again)

— tailgating in a big truck (anything under 350’; more than a football field on rural Interstate) is what the on-air complainants are doing.

— 75-80% of car/big truck accidents are car drivers fault, but those that aren’t, the truck driver endangered others for his pennies (per mile of compensation). That’s EVERY guy complaining about slow passes.

A great radio allows one to have “sight” of what may be out ahead; increases reliability of prediction. Huge percentage increase in “reading conditions”.

A tool I wouldn’t be without.

Eleven Meter Goodness .

Last edited:
Reactions: TheRATT
The general consensus of public opinion used to think operation of a radio - car stereo or CB - as distracted driving...Playing with the knobs was too much processing for the little guy...

Not anymore - too many people out there updating their Facebook status at the speed of light, in their catalytic converters'' long since been cut off for the crackerheads in the hood - what's that?

That's them! The Mufflers Gone - I'm in Backdraft Mode! Mercedes with the blaring sound of Roaring headers with no pipes - tooling down the road - passing others in the Thru lane at 95+ MPH kissing the bumper BEHIND the other Guy doing the Live RAP vid on Tik-Tok.

Next Time on Highway 51...

Meet the Twins - Two women that Meet Elvis in the Air for the First time - as they Sailed over the Median and used the on-coming lanes' On-Ramp for their Off Ramp...into their next Emanation!
Might as well make the trip less boring - one Mile Marker at a time, for each one still standing has a story to tell

Last edited:
Reactions: Slowmover

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated