• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

When you hear the UK don't forget to listen for the " Muppet " band on FM.

I don't think most people on a US-based CB board are going to understand the term "Muppets" (children's TV program in the 1970s/1980s) as referencing the 27/81 UK FM band, so here's an origin quote from transmission1.net

UGLY_BOB said:
As a point of radio history, the 27/81 band was always called "muppets" even when populated by less foul mouthed breakers. The name came from the legislation number - MPT-1320 , which was printed on the back of many early FM sets to indicate it met that type approval. 'MPT' soon became 'Muppet' which was a popular Saturday night TV programme back then
https://www.transmission1.net/viewtopic.php?p=133212&sid=8699969ffb9ad581c4c5ec37232e77d4#p133212

Nice QSO’s with the Midwest, South and up to Ontario Canada. Nice day to be outside today…going to be 80deg!!!
80 degrees? I could only wish! We just had a "Bomb Cyclone" dump snow on us, Biggest snow flakes I have seen all winter. Only amounted to an inch for us. But with the high winds, I tipped my antenna mast down just incase.

80 degrees? I could only wish! We just had a "Bomb Cyclone" dump snow on us, Biggest snow flakes I have seen all winter. Only amounted to an inch for us. But with the high winds, I tipped my antenna mast down just incase.

Dude that’s wild!! Good idea on antenna…take precautions.

Our “winter” was very mild this year. Even for us. Got some rain but nowhere where we should be.

Reactions: S&W357

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.