• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

Nothing but static, atmospheric noise, and mexicans for me today. Last night was terrible. One of the channel 6 guys was bleeding all 40 channels including sideband. I could hear him clearly on AM up to 27.525. He was still bleeding at 27.555 and beyond. If the FCC is fine with that I guess I have no worries running a 100 watt mud duck station.

Made a good copy this morning with the 452 in Southern Cal from here in South Central Mo this morning while sitting in the drive through at Hardee's.
That’s always fun making contacts while at different spots!!!

Hardee’s?? Oh ya…you guys on that side of the USA call it that….Carl’s Jr. my friend. LOL

I had a couple of solid contacts before lunch time with 1218 in Amarillo, TX. We connected on LSB 37 and then a few minutes later on LSB 36. A few minutes later, I made contact with 499 in Lincoln, NE. At noon and then again at 1:00P.M. I made solid contacts with 226 in San Angelo, TX - 1290 miles away - on LSB 16. My last contact was 278 20 miles north of Ann Arbor, MI. That was around 2:30P.M. Not too bad for a 102" whip on a tripod sitting in a back yard.

I heard 160 out of Bristol, England communicating with several states-side stations on LSB 38. Similarly, I heard 205 in Swansea, Wales talking to lots of North American stations on LSB 36.

There was skip out there today. Throw in a solid set-up and a little luck and you just might have gotten some DX contacts.

I had a couple of solid contacts before lunch time with 1218 in Amarillo, TX. We connected on LSB 37 and then a few minutes later on LSB 36. A few minutes later, I made contact with 499 in Lincoln, NE. At noon and then again at 1:00P.M. I made solid contacts with 226 in San Angelo, TX - 1290 miles away - on LSB 16. My last contact was 278 20 miles north of Ann Arbor, MI. That was around 2:30P.M. Not too bad for a 102" whip on a tripod sitting in a back yard.

I heard 160 out of Bristol, England communicating with several states-side stations on LSB 38. Similarly, I heard 205 in Swansea, Wales talking to lots of North American stations on LSB 36.

There was skip out there today. Throw in a solid set-up and a little luck and you just might have gotten some DX contacts.
Normally I do pretty good working dx. But for at least a month I rarely hear a good clean contact and sure haven't made many. Even tried quite a few times on 16lsb. Guess the wave is moving around and geographically its just not in my favor right now. Good to know others are out there working the bands with fantastic success. I'll just have to keep trying and eventually the tide will turn in my favor.

Made several contacts into BC this morning on ch 35 on the way into town, bc radio168 and Rob 225, then talked to a guy in Mexico City.
Just as I got home there was a guy in Alaska calling CQ on ch 40 but I had to step out.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated