• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

There was plenty of skip rolling in this morning. I was hearing stations in Wisconsin, Oklahoma, Maine and NJ talking to a station in Austria (001) and several others in England. There was also plenty of skip from on end of North America to another. My 102" on a tripod even made a few contacts.

The skip is hopping.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
Good Morning Radio Friends,fired up the Ranger on my day off and was able to make contact with 30 alpha tango 123,had a very short but nice qso with a gentleman named Mike out of Spain and his Signal was 5x7 coming in......seems like the European stations are really firing up this morning,hope you all have a great day today and God Bless you all!!

73's

Good Morning Radio Friends,fired up the Ranger on my day off and was able to make contact with 30 alpha tango 123,had a very short but nice qso with a gentleman named Mike out of Spain and his Signal was 5x7 coming in......seems like the European stations are really firing up this morning,hope you all have a great day today and God Bless you all!!

73's
2 questions:

what was 30 AT 123's QTH and what frequencies were you able to make these contacts on?

Thanks.

Reactions: AmericanEagle575
2 questions:

what was 30 AT 123's QTH and what frequencies were you able to make these contacts on?

Unfortunately I was unable to make out the specific town he was talking from other than he said he was in Spain , ( other stations were coming in at the same time) however we made contact on .385 LSB and then moved to .400 LSB for our short qso, hope this answers your questions!!!!

73's

Hey again!!! What a day!! Making contact with members and skip galore!!

Furthest east was to Staten Island New York. But the mid-west is blasting SoCal!!
Hey back again. Sounded good out my way. It is special to catch members on the air, I agree.
Cali has been a good direction for me lately.
Mexico keeps appearing here and there.
Far west coast area and then back E coast area with 404. Not sure if it was our 404 I hope so.

Man o man, hopefully it'll be open later today after I get off work,well back to Fry Land, have a great day today and God Bless!!
I bet it will, we have had traffic here most of this morning.
France and Germany both had signals into Calif about 8 am pacific time.
My brother WW0223 and I were on the air about 6 am our time and the skip was already on the west coast.
Starting to sound like we have a solar cycle or something going on lol.
Welcome to fun time gents.
When the cycle is up like this 10, 11 and 12 meters are awesome bands, you can have a blast with very simple antennas and little power and it makes mobile work easy.
If you like to work dx, as this cycle ramps its the golden years.
When all of the regular 40 channels becomes a roaring mess, then 10 meters can come
into play.
With a tech ticket you can go play on ten for more room.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated