• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

It's up to all of you guys where you want to make contacts
I will agree that with this amount of propagation, 35-40 is a train wreck with goofballs, it like this every cycle.
If someone suggest's free band frequencies there is going to be pushback from some because technically it's out of band.
Ch 16 , I have tried several times, did manage to make some contacts, but it is a challenge to work through the AM traffic there.
Then there is the .00's ( 5 kc down) in between the standard 35- 40 , again technically not allowed....
For the members that have access to ten meters there is a whole bunch of frequency real estate up there on several different modes, but not everyone has a ticket.
Do you guys want a poll or?
Maybe @binrat has a idea?
There have been CDX(WDX) events in the past.
It helps when there is a specific date-time so everyone knows when to try like weekends.

Jeff
go the 00 route n say radio is off freq.
good story id bet

I just had a nice qso with wdx1863 @AmericanEagle575 on lsb40
It was great talking to you my friend! It's been too long.
As I post this, I'm hearing you and Ireland going at it. Nice!!!
Thank you so much my Brother, always great talking with you and all of my Radio Friends on this forum,it been quite a while.....yes I was able to make contact with Ireland,the signal was a little fuzzy, but I snagged it.....hope you have a great evening and we will talk again soon hopefully,take Care and God Bless you and your Family!!

73's

ever notice the negatives that get in our way of enjoyment?
Yeah I have a younger neighbor across the street that is foaming at the mouth because he wants my property so I don't dare turn my amp on if he is home for fear he's waiting to cause some trouble. His parents live across the street also and they complain about everybody also and want my property also. ( Busy Bodies ) I limit my Amp uses to in my mobile. Can't wait to finish my work on this house and sell it and get out of this little 1 horse town. LOL

Fellas, I'm, not sure I'll ever be back on our regular 11m after being told about 27.555 USB. The contacts are amazing and I've yet to hear a 11111 or music playing on it. I'm pretty sure I hit "radio Toyko" I called CQ with my numbers and he responded, I heard the 144 but not Alabama so I'm not claiming that one.

Fellas, I'm, not sure I'll ever be back on our regular 11m after being told about 27.555 USB. The contacts are amazing and I've yet to hear a 11111 or music playing on it. I'm pretty sure I hit "radio Toyko" I called CQ with my numbers and he responded, I heard the 144 but not Alabama so I'm not claiming that one.
That's strange. Every time I check out "Triple Nickle" I hear nothing at all.....like it's abandoned. Years ago it was off the chain now I get nothing. I guess I will keep trying! I am experiencing FOMO!

Last edited:
Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.