• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

stuck my turner sidekick II on my stryker sr 955 hp. talked to a new guy in the majove desert,i switched mics to original.he said go back to turner.then a guy in mass chimed in saying the turner had LOT MORE PUNCH and much clearer.
took nap then made few more dx connects

Wednesday and Thursday ssb conditions were just meh, I made a few contacts but it was was rough. I saw the headline from the space weather woman that said big solar flare but I haven't watched the video yet. I'm guessing conditions might suck for a few days.

Reactions: Rwb
Wednesday was a complete wipeout here due to that solar flare, but conditions on the West Coast of Canada have been fantastic otherwise. Had Indonesia and Vladivostok Russia booming in here yesterday evening at 5/8 and 5/9 levels !

Reactions: whiteastro and Rwb
yesterday was iffy . lots of agitaters on 34 to 40 lsb then 28 am had that blabber nonstop guy that must make up names n say very little but yakks non stop to nothing

Reactions: whiteastro
yesterday was iffy . lots of agitaters on 34 to 40 lsb then 28 am had that blabber nonstop guy that must make up names n say very little but yakks non stop to nothing
So true. Especially on 28. Though I managed to punch through some of em w beam and box though hearing the person I was talking to was surely a struggle through the ash and trash but they would call for me after I did my little CQ DX bit.

Reactions: Rwb and whiteastro
Conditions are a bit strange on my end today. I hear a few stations out there, but only a few at any given moment. It's kind of eerily quiet.

I did make the trip to Columbia just before 3 pm today. Thanks for the QSO @unit_399 JJ. It's nice when conditions hold out as long as they did. You were sounding choice, as usual. Don't work too hard, my friend.
73's

Conditions are a bit strange on my end today. I hear a few stations out there, but only a few at any given moment. It's kind of eerily quiet.
I did make the trip to Columbia just before 3 pm today. Thanks for the QSO @unit_399 JJ. It's nice when conditions hold out as long as they did. You were sounding choice, as usual. Don't work too hard, my friend.
73's
Talk about a surprise !! Talked with a couple of stations out of Pennsylvania, and #1 out of Ontario, and who do I hear calling me . . . WDX226 Rod, West Texas. San Angelo TX to be exact. Another nice long QSO with his loud clean station. We talked for quite a while, and no one keyed up until we signed off. Thank you everyone for that. Always love these 2280 mile connections. Looking forward to the next time. Take care, Mi Amigo.

- J.J. 399

dwx226.png

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.