• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

It's rocking today Europe and the Middle East on ssb this morning. The bowl is blown up with Motor Mouth Maul Fire Ball and some of the other big strappers rocking it. Couldn't stand it and had to put the boxing gloves on and go a few rounds to see if I could get a knock out or 2 lol. Getcha some!
He also was tearing the hell out of it today I tried but I'm not pushing my 4 pill hard as I need to get it to a new home to help finance the incoming 3-500Z amp.
Want whoever buys it to be happy so not trying to flatten the brand new pills lol so I had no chance @250ish barely driving it and through a honesty LP filter removing any ghost watts and a VQUAD...moronmouth flat rolled me lol

not good day for me to run skip,but about 730 pm i flipped over to 10 meters n chatted with CX2RA danial in uruguay. was suprized we got a few minutes in

Reactions: whiteastro
Last night between 9pm and 11pm here around Seattle we were getting short hop skip. For over two hours we had beautiful short hop skip from Seattle to Billings MT
From BC Canada to MT and OR and WA and ID, It was just fantastic. No 111111 and whatever else odd crap that normally happens on 38 nothing but clear DX on 37.
It was amazing. Here is to wishing the rest of you get to enjoy conditions like that for you all.

Until tonight, I hadn't even been down in the shack for over a week. Last weekend in the Med to see our 5 year old granddaughter perform in her first musical. All school kids 5 thru 17. She sang and danced with the pre-K kids. When the entire group danced to Michael Jackson's "THRILLER", She was the only Pre-K kid who had the entire dance routine nailed 100%. She brought down the house.
Then this last week spent 9 hours a day replacing the roof panels, tar paper, and shingles on the farm house. Finished up today, and after cleanup, I showered, headed to the shack and fired up the base. It was well after dark (6:30pm), and everything was dead or totally in the mud. Still, I was able to have two good QSOs: First, with WR532, Gordon, out of Seattle. Anytone Quad 6 into an amp and then to an A99. Hitting me with a solid 7 on 39LSB. Nice 10 minute conversation until he started to fade in/out.
Second was 338Mobile, Rocky, out of Cheyenne Wyoming. Stryker 99, Messenger M800 amp, Sirio P5000 Mag Mount Antenna on his Chevy PU truck. 7 - 9 on the meter with LOUD audio. Also 39LSB. We talked for almost 35 minuted until I started fading out on him. 7:35 pm.
It's funny how almost all of my late evening QSOs are from the Northwest Corner. I suppose it's because they still have a little sunlight there at that time.
I will be on the air tomorrow from about noon (our time EST) on Chans 37 to 44, NO 38. Hope to catch you guys there. 73.

- 399 J.J.

Took an hour break from the honey-dos and hit the airwaves for some DX. Lotta traffic on ch 32, but the loudest of them all was NB785Mobile in Florida. 10+ in the red on my meter with the RF gain down a bit. Stryker 955 into a homemade LDMOS amp and a Sirio mag mount. Once I got the house turned around and dialed him in, we talked about 30 to 40 minutes. His single device LDMOS amp does 1800 watts, and he was hitting the meter at 10+ with the RF gain down a bit. Impressive. Looking forward to talking to him again.

- 399 JJ.

Took an hour break from the honey-dos and hit the airwaves for some DX. Lotta traffic on ch 32, but the loudest of them all was NB785Mobile in Florida. 10+ in the red on my meter with the RF gain down a bit. Stryker 955 into a homemade LDMOS amp and a Sirio mag mount. Once I got the house turned around and dialed him in, we talked about 30 to 40 minutes. His single device LDMOS amp does 1800 watts, and he was hitting the meter at 10+ with the RF gain down a bit. Impressive. Looking forward to talking to him again.

- 399 JJ.
I sure screwed up that post, huh.

• Haha
Reactions: Rwb
I dunno I'm cornfuzzled lol. But good news the old school AL80A survived and arrived today though may be an older tube or my lil Yaseu isn't enough hitting it, it does about 450ish on a PEP digital meter. No LDMOS but hope she works out. People INSTANTLY commented on the audio while I was trying to tune up though so guess what they say about tube audio is true. Maybe it will carry my audio to Columbia soon! Have some tuning bugs but soon hope to lock antennas with ya JJ.

Reactions: Rwb and unit_399

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.