• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 meter is very quiet?

I only had a few minutes to kick the station on and there was hardly anything to work with. Worst propagation in quite a long stretch.

We'll take it when it's here though, Roger!
IMG_20231205_210859.gif

Reactions: Rwb
i was doing this yesterday. moved 4 loads,number 5 is on board. got to go to dr today but after noon back at it. i got to get diffrent radio for my truck. those bearcat 980 radios are ok in right place but not in my world.
eyed a raddy qt 40 cheep new in box. anybody like the qt 40?
was kinda cold yseterday so i sat in my pickup watching it load n move up when needed
20231205_162706.jpg

Reactions: TIN_CAN
I had a fun time on 26.805 FM before work today........ lots of U.S. contacts and then the big surprise... EK030 from Limerick in Ireland ! I talk to Europe on sideband fairly often, but this would be the first time I've made it to Europe on FM. And on 70 watts and an Antron no less.......
That makes 6 countries for me in FM mode; US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Mexico and now Ireland.
Yesterday I talked with a great sounding station from Minnesota on 26.805 FM. He told me he has talked overseas on FM as well. I have talked on FM in North America only. Any other frequencies I should try for overseas FM??

What time are you usually on 26.805?

What time are you usually on 26.805?
No particular time. I monitor it both in my shop and my car, so I'm on there fairly often and I usually put out a couple 'CQ' calls whenever I am.......
About 99% of all the FM traffic I hear is on 26.805 Haven't heard much FM anywhere else except for asian fishboats in the evening sometimes above 27.5 MHz

was kinda cold yseterday so i sat in my pickup watching it load n move up when needed
View attachment 66658
Great looking rig. Love the red color. I also bought a 980 for my wife's truck. She took one look at it and said , "You're NOT going to replace my Cobra with THAT !!"
End of discussion. 980 on the shelf, unopened.

J.J. 399

Today was my kind of DX day. Weak propagation, but guys with strong signals could punch right through. I logged 17 good QSOs between 1:00pm and 5:30. Ontario, New York, Arkansas, Mississippi, Utah, Oregon, Wisconsin, Minnesota, Arizona, Georgia, N. & S. Carolina, New Mexico, SoCal, Washington St., Texas, and Michigan.
After 5:30 EST skip started fading in/out. Could still hold contacts, but had to run my amp on "high", which I don't like to do. All QSOs on 37, 39, and 42. Called CQ - WDX all day but no comebacks.
Gotta wash and wax my truck tomorrow, which is an all day job. So no CB. Friday thru Sunday Family Fun, and Monday Luz has to meet with the SSA rep in the Med to set up her social security payments. So . . . talk to you guys next Tuesday..
73 and have a good weekend.

- 399 J.J.

Great looking rig. Love the red color. I also bought a 980 for my wife's truck. She took one look at it and said , "You're NOT going to replace my Cobra with THAT !!"
End of discussion. 980 on the shelf, unopened.

J.J. 399
thank you.hard to keep it looking nice on the farm but i manage. even prettier after dark
i sent my radio shack uniden pc 122 to my radio repair tech along with my kp 203 to get em set to work together. hope its back by saturday
IMG-3362.JPG

last nite round 8 radio was active but was too far but was big strappin huge radios

Reactions: whiteastro
Yesterday wasn't too good for me for dx. But this morning I hooked my old 148 with a 203 up to a 2 element beam 10 feet off the ground and I was getting out to from Michigan, Ohio, the Carolinas and Florida. This was on AM and sideband. I was able to hear myself on a couple of SDR stations too.

The conditions were definitely in my favor. I had to turn the radio off as I have things to do.

Been on the radio since about 12 noon on 16 and 40 LSB trying,was able to make one contact out of Kansas and one in Fairbanks, Alaska,but no WDX members out there that I have heard from, Conditions have been kinda of up and down up here in Central Pennsylvania today for me, Right now at the moment it's quiet on .405................

73's

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.