• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11 Meters is Awfully Quiet Today!

Good set of locals down here, pretty lively. anyhow did some rag chewing with the guys on the locals channel talking about radios etc, bunch of guys hang out here in CBland. so all is good. Definitely CB has more of a local flavor due to the lower CB usage but I would say its like earlier CB with less people but not the insanity of the mid 80s 90s.

Good work there rick33man, it's nice to have a lot of salt water around, makes for good conditions when most have none! Gotta love Mother Nature!

Good work there rick33man, it's nice to have a lot of salt water around, makes for good conditions when most have none! Gotta love Mother Nature!

When you can stand on an island with a 40 channel walkie talkie and throw 9 on home base 12 miles away, you appreciate what a salt water cushion can do for radio wave propagation on 11 meters.

Similarly, on 2 meter VHF marine I talked 15 miles from Lakes Passage off of Key West to the west side of the Marquesas with a 20+ year old, 5 watt Uniden walkie talkie and a little rubber duck antenna.

Years ago Cb's on boats were more common here in RI . I use to love to sit in the Fly Bridge an talk DX on a 23 channel Navaho with a Big stick ( Bare foot ) salt water is an amazing thing .:D

Mustang 131,you're doing your thing all afternoon hosting your Mustang 131 show. Conditions are starting to fade in and out.
M131, I can't hear who you are talking to either. Ok,you just mentioned Minuteman.

Mustang 131,you're doing your thing all afternoon hosting your Mustang 131 show. Conditions are starting to fade in and out.
M131, I can't hear who you are talking to either. Ok,you just mentioned Minuteman.

Thanks. Kinda clean skip today, lots of qso's. It's been a while since I've keyed it down at 10m in clips.

27.285am
Triple 7 State of Maine briefly popped in.

Anyways,I got clear sunny blue skies and 42 degrees at my place. Not sure if skip will do good under these weather conditions.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.