• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11m WWDX member misbehaving ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sporadic-E conditions returned on 11m this evening in the Pacific Northwest. It was special. 350 mile out contacts. Never had that short before. Unfortunately, it was tainted by CDX304 and his tone generator. I was able to make a few contacts before his med's wore off and the interference began. Extremely rare Sporadic-E opportunity and the best this A-Hole can do with his equipment is generate a 1khz tone. Unbelievable!

I like what Nomad mentioned in another thread and is worth repeating here;

Arguing with a moron is like teaching a pig to sing. Accomplishes nothing useful, and only annoys the pig.

I annoyed the pig tonight.

Reactions: Tallman
that is a good one Mike. Nomad hit it right for sure. we had a guy here that was always on the radio and was running a lot of power that ever time we would try to talk he would start sending out noise toy sounds. the past year he has not been on the radio so it is nice now.

I did some additional research today and found this thread (below) from another forum discussing successful operation of a Flex 1000. An earlier thread I found talked about the Flex 1500. I don't care which FLEX he has or is using, he just needs to be a responsible operator.

http://www.cbjunkies.com/threads/11...adio/page8?s=a8b01f12aff7cfa6746c7ba7d171ed70
Mike I agree 1000% if we don't police our hobby then sooner or later it will drop off because no one see any point in it with all the aggravation and all. It is a sad day when some one like that will act like a mentally deranged idiot for what because they don't have or cant talk to any one because they have found out to be a butt cracker and don't have a friend in the world a don't think that anyone else should either.

I understand you have good intentions. My comment was based on how the agitators I have ran across behave. There have been some real screwballs in my area and they all seem to share some common traits. CB kidd is right, most will run and hide if they are exposed but it's not hard to be anonymous behind a microphone. Some of them are bat shit crazy and just don't care. Others will stop talking and play sound clips, throw carriers, etc...

Once exposed the agitators usually chill out for a while and come back once they realize nothing it going to happen. Once the initial shock wears off they are back at it until they get bored. I wish there was a solution (legal, non violent solution) but as long as they are getting any type of acknowledgement they will continue.
you are right it is sad like I said before that, some people get their kix from trying to agitate someone. The only answer I have come up with is that their life is so miserable that they want some one elses to be the same way, again it is sad that people got to be that childish

I think I have an idea why he is being the A-hole that he is. This guy lives only a couple of miles from my location. Initially, he bitched and complained that I was running a class C amplifier. I am not. And if I was, be a gentleman and inform the operator of the problem. I would and I do. I came across this thread from another forum discussing SDR overload (see below). This is probably why he got his panties in a knot. Since we are not on speaking terms, I doubt if I'll get the chance to discuss and get an apology for this mess he has started. Just maybe he may login here and straighten everything out.

sdr-overload21502918228.jpg
Class C amp does not mean it is dirty. If you put a clean signal into a class C amp that is not SSB that is AM and not overdriven a class C amp will be nice and clean and use less current to get the job done. THe problem is when people use a splatter box radio, over drive them or put SSB signal into one! Your better radio's use class C bias for AM and AB for SSB and switch automatically.

I haven't had any propagation/contacts here for almost a year. A little propagation came in today and I was able to make a few contacts into the Pacific Northwest on 38LSB. The elation soon turned to dismay when CDX304 started transmitting using his Flex Radio tone generator to cause interference. I sure wish he had curled up and died like many of the other weeds around here over the winter.

Waiiiit a minit!!!

Just how did this guy get a Flex 1500 to work on 11 meters?

I thought that radio had some sort of double-secret super firmware lockout for 27 MHz on the main circuit board, where you can't diddle it?

First I had heard of that radio transmitting on 11 meters.

Then again, maybe I'm just way behind the curve.

Even the standard Flex software can be easily hacked to get it on to 11m. Or they can use a number of other free software that can do it too. Some guys have even used the SoftRock transmitters with the flex software of HDSDR.

Even the standard Flex software can be easily hacked to get it on to 11m. Or they can use a number of other free software that can do it too. Some guys have even used the SoftRock transmitters with the flex software of HDSDR.

Flex used to be cool until they dropped the cheaper units. Cater to the hipster geeks, now.

CDX304 is one sick F#%k. I haven't keyed the mic since my last post. A little sporadic E tonight and I hear a North Dakota station and throw out a call on 38LSB. Within seconds, this A-hole starts with the interference. Un-BE-lievable! This guy must sit by his radio night and day waiting for someone to key up. This is a sick boy inside a man's body. We can only hope for a diagnosis so he can get some meds (or a lobotomy).

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
You have two amazing and powerful tools at your disposal that they cannot defeat.
Tuning knob and ON/OFF. If you allow him in your radio I guess you could always put your fingers in your ears and hum loudly.
Back in the day a group of people would show up at the person's house and give the antenna a pavement tune up by dragging it down the road.

Dont know if you have the fcc in canada but iwould file a complaint and give them there call sign.
There is (was?) a group called the DOC which manages the frequencies here. They would most likely handle this the same way the FCC would; its a CB frequency, laugh it off and ignore. Unless IT was interfering with any commercial transmission, they wouldn't do any investigation.

Reactions: kaos513
do what we used to do to people like that wrap a chain around the antenna yank it down the road. now i think about it. dont want to drive to canada to bail you out of jail

There is (was?) a group called the DOC which manages the frequencies here. They would most likely handle this the same way the FCC would; its a CB frequency, laugh it off and ignore. Unless IT was interfering with any commercial transmission, they wouldn't do any investigation.

Tell them he's Crazy and you think he has a gun!

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.