• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

11m WWDX member misbehaving ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
KM, do you find him out there when you are just listening? or does he seem to lie in wait for you to key up?
LC

KM, do you find him out there when you are just listening? or does he seem to lie in wait for you to key up? LC
I have heard him converse with a work buddy a couple of times last year but I think this buddy may have wised up and have nothing to do with him in the last six months.

"seem to lie in wait for you to key up" - Seems that way. If he was normal, we could converse and keep the local frequency alive. Since this A-hole is the only other regular local playing with his fathers radio, all I've got is left is to make DX contacts. I jest because he is a middle aged father with a wife and two kids.

Industry Canada is the branch you want. They have an office in Calgary and from what they told me take abuse of the spectrum seriously.
I have found out that there is a local branch here in Edmonton. I will contact.

Internet, radio and wireless
Radio Licensing and Interference
Central and Northern Alberta District Office
Telephone (toll-free in Canada): 1-800-461-2646
Fax: 780-495-6501
(By appointment only)

Southern Alberta District Office
Telephone (toll-free in Canada): 1-800-267-9401
Fax: 403-292-4295
(By appointment only)

http://www.ic.gc.ca/eic/site/icgc.nsf/eng/07148.html#Internet

Reactions: kaos513
you should do the same to him. see how he likes it. next time he keys his radio do the same to him. i hate people that does this

I have heard him converse with a work buddy a couple of times last year but I think this buddy may have wised up and have nothing to do with him in the last six months.

"seem to lie in wait for you to key up" - Seems that way. If he was normal, we could converse and keep the local frequency alive. Since this A-hole is the only other regular local playing with his fathers radio, all I've got is left is to make DX contacts. I jest because he is a middle aged father with a wife and two kids.
You could rig up a recorder and a key up relay on a timer. Like the lamp timer people use when they go away. Maybe put a rubber band around the mic key and when the timer switches the power on, its keyed and going right next to the tape recorder of you talking. It would keep him real busy if you keyed up every 30 min 24 hours a day! LoL

Reactions: rabbiporkchop
If you want to contact the authorities then it might help to document each occurrence by writing down the date and time and the specifics on the nature of the incident. In the US this documentation would be admissible in court if it were to go that far. Have you tried to contact him? Knock on his door, Maybe he is really an awesome guy and you will be best friends? Phone call, email? Any contact with him will also be good documentation for your case. You need to be able to show that you tried everything you can and that nothing is working to resolve the harassment. Take your stack of documentation to the police station and show them how this guy is harassing you. Even if they can't do anything, this can also be documented. Then take all this to your communications bureau. Good luck.
Chris

Reactions: Riverman
I jest because he is a middle aged father with a wife and two kids.

As Shade Tree suggests, have you reached out to him since you clearly know who it is? Offer to buy him a cup of coffee and talk about it in a non-threatening manner? You might be surprised at the outcome. At the very least you can then tell the authorities you tried to reason with him, albeit unsuccessfully.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
you should do the same to him. see how he likes it. next time he keys his radio do the same to him. i hate people that does this

Retaliation is rarely the answer. When attempting to tun an adversary into an asset fails, ignoring the problem won't make it go away but it removes the satisfaction of reward for abhorrent behavior.

When all else fails an appeal to the radio community to cease contact usually works but it is fraught with contact with many other widely differing opinion and personalities. The advantage to this method is that you get to eyeball a significant portion of the radio community. The downside is that you have to make contact with a significant portion of the radio community. Each situation is different , you be the judge.

Reactions: Tallman
I doubt they will get too riled up over something on 11m unless it impacts other bands but good luck.
If he says anything that would help identify who he is on the air and you don't mind playing dirty you could record him and transmit the recording on other bands yourself, the trick is to not get caught doing it.;)

This is so sad, to hear and read about.

Hmm...XYL has been thinking about moving...

How is the WX up in Edmonton?

As said "...Won't You Be My Neighbor..." is perhaps the best dose of medicine for this type of situation...

You just need a majority, sometimes it can get loud, and can even be silent - but you just need a Majority on your side. And if my math is good. 2:1 is pretty good odds in someone's favor...

:+> Andy <+:

This is so sad, to hear and read about.
... How is the WX up in Edmonton? ...Won't You Be My Neighbor
I am sad about this as well. I'm sick and tired dealing with it. I apologize for not responding to the weekend posts but I had to take a break away from radio and this thread to forget about it for awhile. I thank all who responded.

The next occurrence of interference is scheduled for the next time propagation rolls in again and I attempt to make some DX contacts. At that time I may consider a "at home" visit to discuss the situation.

Having another local sane operator would be welcome. Come on up Andy! The weathers fine, except in the winter ... it does go on for many months. To cheer up the situation, I took this picture this morning from my yard.

flower11528743760.jpg

Hmm...Funny you should mention that...

I forgot to send you some flowers some time ago for all the fun you've brought down to us from the Great Up North...OrchidIRIS.jpg

Just sent my XYL some flowers too...
FlowersBackYourWay.jpg

If fact, Flowers to everyone...whether you want them or not...

Now she's telling me to go mow the yard....

We just got these up about a week ago, so as far as Climate goes, well - the weathers' been nice up here in Michigan too...once the Ice Cubes in Superior finally melted...

Wavin' a hand.

XYL's been to Edmonton before - just gotta' convince her to make a "lateral" move.

Else all I can do is let you know you're not alone in your battle.

:+> Andy <+:

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.