• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2.4 ghz

Status
Not open for further replies.

there not for export or cb use . says its for used for a computer LAN .

BOOTY MONSTER said:
there not for export or cb use . says its for used for a computer LAN .

i really wasnt asking what they are used for!! it says that in the ad...i was asking if anyone has used them and what results they had..

i think i need one, tired of paying!!!!!! I hope i dont need an omni as of now i dont know where the signals are coming from

I have used one just like that made by Cisco. We had a spare one at work, so I brought it home to play on my wireless home network.

Notice that the antenna is a yagi, with a whole mess of elements. That makes it is very directional, with a real narrow "beam". They're basically made for connecting two distant buildings together. Once the buildings are connected, you would use some other omnidirectional antenna for the computers on the distant lan.

When I was playing with it at home, I was trying to see what kind of signal I could get on the other side of the house. The problem was that the beam was so narrow, that there was literally only had a couple of feet where I could position my notebook to stay in the signal pattern. If I took a step sideways either way, it was out of the pattern and I couldn't get on the network.

If you don't know where the signal is coming from, this will certainly help you find it, but once you've done that you need to bridge that network into something else local for it to really work good.

ok the plan is to point this across the lake where there are lot of houses....the more distance the pointing will become slightly less critical (i think)........once i have a couple locked signals on my wireless router then i will link my other computers.....will this work?

are you trying to tap into someones wireless router system for their home computer by catching a signal and taking advantage of the %90 of people that never change their router password from administrator ?

funbiz99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 5:43 am Post subject:
i think i need one, tired of paying!!!!!! I hope i dont need an omni as of now i dont know where the signals are coming from

funbiz99

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2007 12:53 pm Post subject:
ok the plan is to point this across the lake where there are lot of houses....the more distance the pointing will become slightly less critical (i think)........once i have a couple locked signals on my wireless router then i will link my other computers.....will this work?

what a P O S !!!!!

absolutley!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! why should everyone have to pay for something thats there for free

funbiz99 said:
and why am i taking advantage?

Because they are paying for it not you.It's not "just there for free". Basically it is the same thing as stealing cable except you are stealing internet access.I'm not bashing you for doing so but just answering your question.

i happen to disagree....if the cable companies didnt have a monopoly where i live i wouldnt have to take it for free.. this goes for the dsl here also...to get dsl you have to subscribe to a land line. why because they have you by the balls...they have the take it or leave it attitude...i rather take mine for free than bend over with some ky and let bellsouth play hide the salami with me.

well..you already know its illegal . theres no monoply . you know you have options..your just too lazy to work to pay for them .
i hope you get caught . guess what happens to poor lil geek boys behind bars ???? youll wish you had some KY and that it was only one "salami" .

<Link removed>

dont plan on guards to protect you .

BOOTY MONSTER said:
well..you already know its illegal . theres no monoply . you know you have options..your just too lazy to work to pay for them .
i hope you get caught . guess what happens to poor lil geek boys behind bars ???? youll wish you had some KY and that it was only one "salami" .

<link removed>
dont plan on guards to protect you .

plesase show me the law where its illegal Darwin...seems like you know a lot about prison. i guess youve spent some time there..true i dont work maybe ill find a job and get off of public assistance

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.