• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2 CBers canned in one week. $14,000 and $22,000 fines.

i thought i read caned at first glace.
could stand to happen to a few wastes of oxygen around this area....

Yah we in the USA are so Dam limited and have agents running around knocking on doors etc while in the rest of the world the citizen band is what ever they want and amplifiers are as much as you can afford. Must be nice that we don't skip into their or any part of the world like we get bombed from 26.000 to 29.???

Years ago, there were dedicated groups of good CB operators in my area (Miami, FL) on channels 2, 4, 10, 13, 14 (Spanish), 16LSB (Radio Miami,Florida), 18 and 22. I'm sure I'm missing a few, but the point is folks were relatively civil to each other. Things degraded as 11 meter radios got cheaper and as ham Novice licenses simultaneously went "no code". A Realistic TRC 449 cost $299.99 35 years ago. Today, a Uniden Bearcat 980 can be bought for about $130.00. CB radios today are much cheaper.

I'm glad to see some FCC enforcement action on 11 meters. Here in the Keys, CB is pretty quiet. No problems. However, every time I head up to Miami, I hear the linears, the guys deliberately keying up on each other, the foul language, etc. Here in the Keys, my boys use the CB all the time to communicate house to boat, house to car, car to car and car to boat. In Miami, they keep the CB off except when going mudding with other vehicles equipped with CBs. I'm not a fan of big government, but I do believe a little enforcement on 11 meters to take out the bad apples could help revive a more user friendly Citizen's Band.

Back in he hey day of 11 meters there were great clubs. Then the jerks came running dirty Amplifiers splattering channels. That's when I got out of it. Sold radios I wish I still had. I have lately bought several vintage radios in great shape; mostly Cobras, all running 4 watts and using a dipole antenna with a balun. Trouble is no one uses the critters. I talked to a few; but they argued with each other and disappeared. Keep your watts and power mic down and the FCC will not bother you.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.