• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2000 gtl meters upgrade?

Kracker

Oct 16, 2017
my meters are fried and i want new ones, the one person sellingt hem on ebay is a total scam, and i like the pics i keep seeing of a white meter upgrade but cannot seem to find part numbers, and also ranger meters that are upside down. anyone know?

The 'white ones' are nothing more than new inserts in an old meter that can be bought from Gamma-ray Graphics. Bought them from him before.

https://www.gammaraygraphics.com/meters.html

The meters themselves can also be fixed if they are stuck. But don't try it unless you watch a few youtube videos on the do's and don'ts - first. You only get one shot.

Last edited:
I used to have a PDC that did the stuck needle thing - so I redid the graphic - and called it my PITA meter.

Shoot I used to have some "grainy" (640 X 480) graphics of the re-do.

The needles - "scraped" the decal - like it had a bubble. So that is why the rework.

Did you check the 2000? These things used those "grain of wheat" bulbs that can heat up like a filament of a tube. Has been known to soften plastic and even loosen the decals backing from the diffuser and backplate.

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.