• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

27.475 LSB

I guess I am old, but having just seen this thread, the old CDX forum (the precursor to this forum, thats why I am CDX8412) used to run contests on 27.475, and it was the club freq. This is 20+ years ago, so I get that not many of us may still be around.
It was a lot of fun back then to work the contests, even if it was out of band. I had many QSOs with forum members back then, because the solar cycle was pretty good and lasted for a number of years.
Hell, just to show how old I am getting, I go back the alt.rec.cb days, and I was on the Express Electronics forum, and even got into it with Michael Faulkner, for those of you that remember those years. God, I can’t believe time has gone by so fast. Who is that old man staring back at me in the mirror ?

I guess I am old, but having just seen this thread, the old CDX forum (the precursor to this forum, thats why I am CDX8412) used to run contests on 27.475, and it was the club freq. This is 20+ years ago, so I get that not many of us may still be around.
It was a lot of fun back then to work the contests, even if it was out of band. I had many QSOs with forum members back then, because the solar cycle was pretty good and lasted for a number of years.
Hell, just to show how old I am getting, I go back the alt.rec.cb days, and I was on the Express Electronics forum, and even got into it with Michael Faulkner, for those of you that remember those years. God, I can’t believe time has gone by so fast. Who is that old man staring back at me in the mirror ?
alt.rec.cb, now there's a term I've not heard in a long time, takes me back to dial up days.

Reactions: Rwb
CDX 339
I remember when Dean started Chargers Castle many years ago, used to have a lot of fun working DX contests.
Dx Man Larry, 178 was a force to be reckoned with in those days.

EEI and the famous Turbo Tune.
One Stop Electronics donated a X Force base amp for a prize one time, and Jay down in the great Mojave Desert put up a I-10K base antenna that I still have today.
Talked to a lot of forum members back then.

Jeff

Jeff you were my first contact on 27.475 lsb and it was awesome!!!

You were always in my radio Bobby.
You, Hook , Marconi 390, Peddler, Larry, Phil in Nevada had big signals when short skip was in.
I can't remember all the guys during that cycle.
For the DX contests I used to get up at 4 AM so I could have coffee, warm up the radio and get ready to work grey-line skip as the sun started to come up out here.
Seems about half a life time ago.

Jeff

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.