• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

28.425usb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did that 10-10 newsletter ever come out yet?

Yep. It's out, it only comes out quarterly (thank goodness for that). Think it hit the street a couple days ago. Had the young man trying to get me removed as editor because I was "telling lies" about him. What I was doing was inserting the communications the Board of Directors sent him. They told him it would be posted verbatim in the newsletter, and it was. He is moderated just about everywhere except a Facebook page. Well, he's moderated there as well but using his wife's account to post.

The article which he tried to block made mention of his blatant disregard for the reputation of 10-10. I don't know this for a fact but one could imagine him snapping at the KD0 station and a couple other incidents played a part in his suspension.

He was removed as Net Control and all other volunteer positions within 10-10 until such time as the BOD sees he has changed his ways. With him sneaking around them posting with his wife's credentials I don't think he is showing much remorse.

One funny thing has happened. He always bragged about not working stations such as the KD0 (wish I could remember his full call). Well, now he works them and makes sure everyone on the Internet knows he worked them. I don't know but seems like he's doing too little too late.

Shoulda heard the stink he raised when he found my dues had lapsed a few months ago. You would have thought I shot the Pope. He demanded I be removed and demanded the President of 10-10 resign because I was allowed to produce one issue of the newsletter while my dues were expired. This guy starts a war over a lousy $15. What kind of life does one have when they have the time to comb through a club's database looking for expired dues?

[/B]

guess what,.............. I just got the Oct 10 -10 newsletter TODAY and......

there on page 14,....... in fact, ALL of page 14,...... are 5 different specific complaints about Todd Burnette KC4TVZ and his (quote) "RUDE and unwelcome manner towards members of the Amateur radio community..."

this is followed by specific guidance from the Board of Directors that:
KC4TVZ is officially REMOVED from the status of Net Control Station for the 10-10 net
and
that he is REMOVED from the 10-10 Awards Committee
and
that he is REMOVED from the 10-10 list of Volunteers
and
that KC4TVZ NOT be permitted to serve 10-10 International in ANY capacity.
and
contact with KC4TVZ AFTER July23, 2013 will NOT count towards the Worked all Volunteers award program.

I think a NORMAL person would be PUBLICLY SHAMED by these actions

What you saw on the NEWS was an exact copy of the communications sent to Todd by the BOD. I was accused of "printing lies" about Todd by putting the article in the NEWS. I was instructed to insert the notification and I did it verbatim except for the fact that I made the heading in bold and blue letters.

Your comment abut a normal person being ashamed could have been followed by "a normal person wouldn't have let it go that far."

The President of 10-10 is a tough but very fair fellow. He isn't above putting any of us in our places so this suspension of Todd's shows just how far he pushed the issue. This wasn't just the President's call either, the entire BOD voted for the suspension. I have been to the BOD in the most recent 10-10 Convention where I not only attended the BOD meeting but was allowed to speak to them also. Unlike our govt', 10-10 is pretty open.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
whos the lid with the recording and echo on the west coast?

Sounds like KC4TVZ. He's from down south. I heard him today a 4 PM CST on 28.425, calling CQ 10 contest, then putting an echo over his call.

The President emailed me the KC4TVZ Removal document on July 22 2013. It was kind of like a terrorist tactic to get me to "Engage" all non-members. What was my response? My response was to not back down to him or the 10-10 board of directors. At first I thought they was removing my 10-10 number and I was goiing to be really MAD over that, get lawyer and fight it. So I forwarded the document to my Lawyer friend. He informed me I had nothing to worry about because it was a weak ruling by the board of directors to only remove me from net contol and volunteer. At that point, I laughed at the president and even made a post on the tentenlist saying how weak this KC4TVZ removal is being. I still have my 10-10 memebrship and number. In 2012, the 10-10 lawyer was threatening to remove my 10-10 number. My favorite part in the KC4TVZ removal document is the part where it tells all you that I KC4TVZ did not break any FCC rules and 10-10 could not remove my 10-10 number. So, I am still a dues paying 10-10 member in good standing until 08/2015. KC4TVZ 10-10#60783 VP#3297 here to stay!

I would like to say "Thank you" to N0ZNA for telling me about this forum. John has been my true friend though all of this. This maybe my only post allowed but I want to say, I KC4TVZ do not post on other forums. Would not even know about this one if it were not for N0ZNA.

As far as KK3Q comments, my XYL KD4BVG caught him not paying his dues. I or she could care less if you pay your dues, she just thinks you should have been removed as Editor because you did not pay them for 4 months of 2013, if policy was followed. However, you are buddies with the president and allowed to get away with it. Personally, I bet the only reason they did not follow policy is because they could not get anyone else to be editor. So you are stuck with it until you hang it up or become (SK) like all the rest.

Mainly, I am posting this to let you all know, I am NOT publically shamed by any of this because I am happy to not be Net Control anymore. It was a BIG responsibily and I even tried to step down in early 2012, already but N6OPR talked me into staying but on 28.380 instead of 28.800 I wanted to be on 28.380 so I could sign up Technicians for memebrship, not up on 28.800 with the same check ins every week. So I agreed to serve at N6OPR will. They did not even need to get the board to remove me because N6OPR has the power to remove any net control at any time. KM5EH has the power to remove Awards committee memebrs at any time. I would say the president, other directors and editor just wanted to make a spectical out if it and get me disqualified from being any type of Volunteer. Now, it leaves me free to chase more 10-10 numbers. YES, I was upset that 10-10 fell for you guys stunt to get me KC4TVZ and lost a good Net Control because I have a "Thank you Todd" email from the Director over the Net operation saying thank you to me. So, I know I did an excellent job as Net Control operator. I am pretty sure I was removed because of a few of QRMers out there who do not have any intention on ever getting a 10-10 number.

The president says it was unanimous vote by the Board of Directors. It may very well have been but can anyone blame the ones who are still my friends? I mean seriously, I do not blame my Friends who are Directors who were forced to Vote to remove me from Net Control because of the wants of others. They serve the membership, not any one member. They can continue to be my 10-10 contacts at anytime because I had much rather talk to 10-10 members than non 10-10 members. I have had 10-10 contact calls from N6OPR and KM5EH since 10-10-2013, so I know a couple of them still like the way I operate or they would not call me. In time , I will find out who are really my 10-10 friends and who are not because I may never hear from the others again. That is really no sweat of my back because one reason I hardly ever check in on the 10-10 nets is because it is always the same stations. I call CQ 10-10 everyday trying to make new 10-10 contacts. I operate in 10-10 QSO Parties to try to contact everyone, again. Of course anyone who has a 10-10 number is welcome to call me at anytime they hear me because I am not the kind to go around the band calling other. I figured, if they want to contact me they will call me. Now on PSK31, it is a little different because everone is on the same 28.120 frequency. So I operate just like everyone else on PSK31 but have been know to call CQ 10-10 all week on PSK31.

Just remember, I am NOT publically shamed by the 10-10 newsletter no more than I am by this DX forum. WHY? Because not everyone reads either. Most 10-10 members do not even pay their 10-10 dues, so that means they do not get a newsletter. Most don't even take the time to read the newsletter even if they do pay their dues. However, when they do read it, what are they going to think about an organization that will devote a whole page to try to shame just one member who they will not even revoke the 10-10 number because he has not broke any rules?

Finally, I am happy the KC4TVZ Removal document is in the 10-10 newsletter because it certainly helps my case more than it could ever hurt me.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Last edited:
I KC4TVZ was Bona-fide for about 1 year and 6 months. Really, I have done my part. Lets see someone else Volunteer for a while. I would gladly Volunteer again and they know it because I did not QUIT in early 2012 when I tried, I just QSY from 28.800 to 28.380.

Honestly, I really want to Volunteer to be 10-10 President, someday. Hopefully sooner than later and clean up 10-10 International. I have known members who Volunteered in the past and was not allowed. My case was just made a spectical of because they are trying to intimidate but there are hundreds of members who was handled under the table, not allowed to Volunteer. At least I got my chance at NCS and committee member. My XYL is still Committee member and just wondering how long that is going to last. They probably will remove her from that committee just to get at me. hihi...

73 KC4TVZ Todd

All I am going to say is that one does not have to violate any FCC rules in order to be a complete asshole on the air.

Oh, and one other thing.....who let the trash back in anyway?

Reactions: 6 people
.the tan tan thing is stuck there so just go up a few clicks up or down. I've heard his attitude via 28.425 but, I just move on.

Last edited:
... At first I thought they was removing my 10-10 number and I was goiing to be really MAD over that,...I KC4TVZ did not break any FCC rules and 10-10 could not remove my 10-10 number...

this GOMER doesn't have a clue.

10-10 can revoke any number they want to, for any reason. the 10-10 by-laws clearly states they have this legal right.

sooooooooooo, he will just try to push the edge for a while, lets see how long it lasts.
the good part is that he will not know when the recorders are operating, so he will HAVE to operate properly FOREVER. ;)

HAHAHAHA

...The article which he tried to block made mention of his blatant disregard for the reputation of 10-10. I don't know this for a fact but one could imagine him snapping at the KD0 station and a couple other incidents played a part in his suspension... He always bragged about not working stations such as the KD0 (wish I could remember his full call)...

that would be KD0TLS http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...P60dP8k9l065rpdWvk3MGHw&bvm=bv.55123115,d.b2I

this is the article that has this TVZ quote: "I am saying there is no awards for helping newbies...so why do it? "

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.