• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

28.425usb

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was referring to. I thought the newsletter was going to specifically address Twad, and publicly shame him.

guess what,.............. I just got the Oct 10 -10 newsletter TODAY and......

there on page 14,....... in fact, ALL of page 14,...... are 5 different specific complaints about Todd Burnette KC4TVZ and his (quote) "RUDE and unwelcome manner towards members of the Amateur radio community..."

this is followed by specific guidance from the Board of Directors that:
KC4TVZ is officially REMOVED from the status of Net Control Station for the 10-10 net
and
that he is REMOVED from the 10-10 Awards Committee
and
that he is REMOVED from the 10-10 list of Volunteers
and
that KC4TVZ NOT be permitted to serve 10-10 International in ANY capacity.
and
contact with KC4TVZ AFTER July23, 2013 will NOT count towards the Worked all Volunteers award program.

I think a NORMAL person would be PUBLICLY SHAMED by these actions

Reactions: 1 person
I am glad to see the 10-10 group is finally starting to take some action concerning TVZ....he has been cluttering the low end of the ten meter band for way to long....

I just hate it thta my HF rig is dead,I bet the entertainment value has gone up on 28.425 the past few weeks

The calling is bad enough ! I took pity on him once ,a few years back,for all the calling with no reply,and answered him without a 10-10 no. Lets say it didn't go well .The mere mention of TVZ gets a response from most 10 m operators.He has achieved infamy even here down under,Maybe thats what he is after. He still has his call and his 10-10 number ,he will be back. CQ tan tan.

whats the diffrence between say ve3dxf on 28430usb from 1800z till 2300z calling cq dx?Dont hear anyone crying about that.And also on 28380 ab0mt calling cq dx and no fussing about that.And jr4vdv on 29520usb everynight calling xq dx from 1900z till 0300z,and also je1let on 28495usb everynight,oh ya...co8ly on 24,945usb everyday calling cq dx...huh...im not defending him,just pointing out the dbl standards.

Big difference... At least those dudes will respond to your call. Todd has to go off the deep end and act a fool.

AGREED! Todd belittles people that don't have a precious 10-10 number to give him. He thinks it is a great privilege to actually be given HIS 10-10 number. His ego is beyond reproach. I wonder how long this tread will last. Most others about [slash]Toad[/slash] Todd have been closed because they went too far downhill.

[/B]

guess what,.............. I just got the Oct 10 -10 newsletter TODAY and......

there on page 14,....... in fact, ALL of page 14,...... are 5 different specific complaints about Todd Burnette KC4TVZ and his (quote) "RUDE and unwelcome manner towards members of the Amateur radio community..."

this is followed by specific guidance from the Board of Directors that:
KC4TVZ is officially REMOVED from the status of Net Control Station for the 10-10 net
and
that he is REMOVED from the 10-10 Awards Committee
and
that he is REMOVED from the 10-10 list of Volunteers
and
that KC4TVZ NOT be permitted to serve 10-10 International in ANY capacity.
and
contact with KC4TVZ AFTER July23, 2013 will NOT count towards the Worked all Volunteers award program.

I think a NORMAL person would be PUBLICLY SHAMED by these actions

Yeah but you did say "a normal person" so that excludes Todd. I would have like to be a fly on the wall when he got the news. After all his gloating that the 10-10 folks would do nothing to him and that he is doing nothing wrong etc etc and then to have this judgement against him. PRICELESS! (y)

Reactions: 2 people
whats the diffrence between say ve3dxf on 28430usb from 1800z till 2300z calling cq dx?Dont hear anyone crying about that.....im not defending him,just pointing out the dbl standards.

apples & oranges

it's not about calling CQ. if you read page 14, it NEVER even mentions that issue.

VE3DFX doesn't "bad mouth" other Amateurs and bring discredit to an International organization like Todd DOES!!!

10-10 International acted properly to protect the organization.

I have missed out and don't know who your talking about

http://www.worldwidedx.com/general-ham-radio-discussion/136876-todd-runs-new-ham-off-28-425-a.html

If you read that thread, it explains the whole deal, He is an Idiot, read his replies.
That was on 28.345 and I do jump around from 28.425 to 28.345 to 28.380 from time to time but DREAM ON people because 10-10 is NOT going to take my 10-10 number. They like collecting the membership dues as much from paying members as I do like collecting the 10-10 numbers....hi hi. They will sell anyone a 10-10 number, so they are just not going to do it.

It is to late for all that, anyway. I have been a 10-10 member since 1991 and already have most of the awards from 10-10. I have 5,100 10-10 contacts, already, working on 10,000...hi hi. Ten-Ten has gave me so much enjoyment over the years that I have even VOLUNTEERED my own time for 10-10. So what have you done lately to help out ?

The way I look at this is I OWN my 10-10 number because I paid for it in 1991and pay my dues every 3 years. It is my number to either give out or NOT. So folks should consider it an honor if I give it to them for a contact. I remember back in 1990s when I first was licensed that some long time hams told me that some hams would not even talk to me unless I went by their "Gentleman's agreements" So now I expect you newbies to go by my "Gentleman's Agreements" if you want a contact from me. Look, I had to learn 5WPM CW Morse Code to talk on 10 Meters, the least you newbie's can do is get a 10-10 number of you want a QSO with me...hi hi.

When I operate as an Individual the ONLY thing I am representing is me. Just because I am calling "CQ 10-10" to collect 10-10 numbers does NOT make me reflect on any club. Don't worry, you won't hear me on 6 meters or 20 meters or any other band anytime soon because 10 Meters is where it is at. So you have plenty of frequencies and bands to operate where you more than likely will NOT hear me. So go enjoy them and I will do things my way because that is exactly how I plan to do them, my way, hi hi.

73 KC4TVZ Todd

Although late, at least 10-10 took the appropriate action.

Jeff

24,945usb everyday calling cq dx...huh...im not defending him,just pointing out the dbl standards.

N0, you have been a member here a long time, but I do not understand why you stand up for this guy....he is a blemish on the entire Ham Radio Community, and this is far far from double standards. Todd has proven beyond a doubt that he is a first class lid that only cares about his paper awards and fu@k everything else, including the future of the hobby.
10-10 is a better organization without him.
Sorry, but it is a fact.

jeff

Reactions: 5 people
Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.