• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

2970N2 switch

743SEPA

Sep 19, 2018
Etown,Pa.
If I was to add a switch on the N2 to shut off the extra power and run barefoot,what wire do I break? Waiting for mine to be delivered and haven't been in one yet.

Sorry about that first post: I have done hundreds of these and repaired many hundreds of this type radio so I was sure I would have an image somewhere in the 5000 images of radio work I have done and I found this in just a few minutes, AMAZING, here it is. I can't remember if they ever changed the color of wires but most of them I believe are these colors.

2950 amp switch aa.JPG

Sorry about that first post: I have done hundreds of these and repaired many hundreds of this type radio so I was sure I would have an image somewhere in the 5000 images of radio work I have done and I found this in just a few minutes, AMAZING, here it is. I can't remember if they ever changed the color of wires but most of them I believe are these colors.

View attachment 27841
OK,either that's the wrong wire or a different radio,didn't work.

OK,either that's the wrong wire or a different radio,didn't work.
Well in the image I posted it most definitely is the right wire. I would have to see an image of the board you are looking at to tell you otherwise... It would be good if you could include an image and point out the wire you tried so we could see what you are dealing with.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.