• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

38 LSB agitator "Blue Waffle" fined $18,000 by the FCC

You've got that right sonar .. it's a crazy world.. I'm thinking that perhaps he moved from Texas and made his way to Louisiana who knows.. for that matter who cares... I hear a couple guys in Arizona raising cane now... Heard them out there last week all day and into the evening hours, real winners... Oh well, that's what the channel switch is for... You can't change stupid..

Yep, that's 306, Chris Sweeney, and one of his minions, Matt unit 979 ....
They are in Phoenix ....
Couple of real losers alright.....

For the three years that I've been familiar with and heard blue waffle on 38 LSB I was under the impression he lived in Corpus Christy or Corpus (cove) something or another Texas...<snip>

Blue Waffle was in Texas, but he moved. If you look up his ham call sign it stills says Texas;

This is the FCC ULS database information for KC5CSG;

Materne, Jerry W
205 Allen Street
Copperas Cove, TX 76522

Apparently he never notified the FCC he moved to Louisiana.

I've heard the rumor on 38 LSB that he was dead, but it is not true. On this video he laughs about some guys claiming he is in the hospital when he is sitting right there listening to them;

Night Ranger

Delta 1 , Do you mean Joe that always signed off from a QSO " 73's And 88's to you and your family ? If so what a shame real class act operator and I always enjoyed chatting with him on 38 LSB . I wondered why I hadn't heard him when Dx is running his way for me . I use to chat with a Sonny also out that way but usually up above 40 . (41/42) another great guy ! As for BW I didn't know he moved I haven't heard him a few years ( thankfully ) but when I did he was in Ft. Hood Tx I believe . If my two radio friends passed I am sorry to hear that . 73 and God Bless , Leo

Reactions: undertaker
I stand corrected.. 451 it is...

That is correct. The radio in the "Blue Waffle returns" video is a Realistic TRC-451. The Realistic TRC-450 looks just like it, but it has a different PLL chip. The TRC-451 is one of my favorite 40 channel sideband radios, but it is not very friendly as far as extra channels.

Night Ranger

Reactions: Shadetree Mechanic
I typed to Jerry/Blue Waffe on his YouTube channel. He said he was not going to pay the FCC fine. I told him when he went to prison for not paying that fine he was going to have to change his handle to "The Butt Waffle".

Ha ha

Reactions: kaos513
Delta 1 , Do you mean Joe that always signed off from a QSO " 73's And 88's to you and your family ? If so what a shame real class act operator and I always enjoyed chatting with him on 38 LSB . I wondered why I hadn't heard him when Dx is running his way for me . I use to chat with a Sonny also out that way but usually up above 40 . (41/42) another great guy ! As for BW I didn't know he moved I haven't heard him a few years ( thankfully ) but when I did he was in Ft. Hood Tx I believe . If my two radio friends passed I am sorry to hear that . 73 and God Bless , Leo

I typed to Jerry/Blue Waffe on his YouTube channel. He said he was not going to pay the FCC fine. I told him when he went to prison for not paying that fine he was going to have to change his handle to "The Butt Waffle".

Ha ha

That is funny .......
The FCC will probably lock / confiscate any and all financial accounts he may have ......
One way or the other, the FCC will get their fine money, including late penalties and interest that accrue on top of the fine .....

357 Magnum yes Sonny hung out on 4250 as I do, and 437 Joe would always say the golden voice of Louisiana and yes they both have passed away if I'm correct Joe passed away first, I'd always look forward to the south (skip) coming in, sometimes you'd have to wait a bit to get a hello in, or at least i did, they weren't to far apart from each other either... They will be missed...

Reactions: 357magnum
437 Joe was a class act. I would always talk to him when I'd travel down to Port Fourchon,La. He lived in the Berwick,LA area. Sad to hear of his passing. I wondered why I didn't hear him anymore. Now I know.

I think it's a 451.
Either way, it's a beauty. :)
https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.ca/ulk/itm/273069714982
437 Joe was a class act. I would always talk to him when I'd travel down to Port Fourchon,La. He lived in the Berwick,LA area. Sad to hear of his passing. I wondered why I didn't hear him anymore. Now I know.
Indeed he was...

Reactions: 357magnum

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.