• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

38LSB

moose

No good can come of this.
Nov 29, 2009
New Orleans, LA -ish
Does anybody do the DX contests anymore? I don't get on like I used too but am on right now talking to Texas loud and clear and Arizona is in the weeds. Maybe I need to come out here and warm this thing up more often.

Reactions: 1 person

I can hear just about every one but apparently no one can hear me. Guess I'll have to get one of those amps to get out there.

Usually 38 lower but sometimes too much bleed from a local on 2 or more pills so I hightail it over to 36 lower....It's clearer for me but has less activity. Usually on everyday 3:30pm to when skip dies out... usually 6pm eastern time. Talked to a fellow in Corpus Christie, Texas. I found a link for finding distances "as the crow flies". His distance was 1,650 miles.... That is amazing!!!! This radio "thing we have" is cool times 2.. Seems there is a wormhole between NY and Texas... At times Texas is louder than my locals...Time right now is 6:22pm and all I hear is static.

awesome

The conditions were excellent tonight on this channel and band i was talking all over.I enjoy dxing its exciting knowing theres nothing but you a radio and antenna of course a mic and power supply.No help from cell towers or the internet.Its amazing....

38 LSB is full of power guys so if you want to get on there to make contacts you need to run a KW or more.

I can hear just about every one but apparently no one can hear me. Guess I'll have to get one of those amps to get out there.

Here is a thought:
Consider a better antenna and install it properly in the right location before considering using any amp.

There are 'conditions' to that statement; don't be afraid to ask . . .

Reactions: 3 people
There are folks with big wattage out there on 38LSB, but I'm not one of them. I monitor and use 38LSB more than any other frequency, and do it with vewry little power, often making solid contacts with my radio only. I also connect in the mobile, which is a low power setup, too. I do this with a variety of antennas from a 4 element Yagi, to a 2 element, from a dipole to a V4k, and wire to metal construction, too.
I don't have any big power. On high, I can get 200 watts, but I run it on low for 125 max PEP.
Conditions always either work, or they don't.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated