• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

5/8 antenna

Very informative. Im just new to having a base station, so i dont know what to look for in these antennas. My location is NE oklahoma, snows a few times a year, can be very windy like 30-40mph gusts in late winter early spring, and some severe storms in spring as well. but other than that the weather is mild.

Basically im looking to upgrade from my dipole. A Ground wave antenna seemed like the next step so i have both a vertical and horizontal antenna. Currently i cant talk locally, which is another reason i was thinking a ground wave would be best.

Would there be a better choice than a 5/8 wave that i will be able to use to tune between 11 and 10m with an antenna tuner? I want something that will allow me to put my ham license to use on 10m, so im looking for room to grow.

As for power, i only run 50w, and i will likely never run more than 100 or 150w.
If your going to stay in the 50 to 150 Watt power range
Check out the Sirio Gain Master it will give you the band spread width you want I went from the IMAX to the Gain a Master and find it not to suffer as much from atmospheric and man made noise the IMAX did very low noise floor I’m in the mid Atlantic region and have had Ice on it and a couple really bad wind storms and it held its own.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.