• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6 Meters is OPEN

Ok Add to the List
KIWHS/DAVE>FN43/MAINE...
Get this he's running 4 x 7 element HB YAGI'S Top (1) 100ft bottom at 29ft 59+20!!!!

KG6KH/1 >FN43 59+15(y)

CK CHECK THIS!...VE1SKY/RODGER>FN74/BRIDGETOWN,NS 59/59+20

COOL OPENING
All the Best
Gary

I still don't hear a thing other than an extremely weak undisernable signal on 50.113. I NEED to get some antennas up soon. I keep changing my mind about the configuration and mounting technique of the pair of 13B2's and since they go up on the mast first everything else is held up. I now have a do-or-die plan :blink: .......bad choice of words since climbing is involved :blink:.......so I just need to put it in action. Next weekend I get off Saturday morning, Sunday is Father's day and we have plans for a big BBQ bash here but maybe....just MAYBE I can get the tower rigged for jacking the mast up and possibly get the 13B2's installed on it. Still need to get all the cables made up and conduit run in thru the basement wall. I may end up throwing up a temporary feedline once I get SOMETHING on the tower. I think while things are being installed and before the rotator is mounted I will aim everything about 270 degrees and lock in down until everything is installed and the rotator is placed under the mast. I just hope my plan for jacking up that 21 foot mast works. :unsure:

BTW I have worked Rodger before on 80m AM. Have you checked his QRZ profile page? Rodger runs an LPDA on 6m.

Reactions: Rwb and Mudfoot
just made a local connate on 50.125 so every thing is working then1 minute later I start hearing people drop in. Made a connate in south Carolina... it looks to be creeping open..?

It is hard I don't have the Ears I can clearly hear then call my call sine but I have trouble hearing there's :(

Reactions: Rwb
6M IS OPEN AGAIN

Open to SE NOW from IN
K9MRI>EN70...Came thru first off the side of my Beam
WA4NKL>EM80 59/59
W4IMD>EM84 59/59
K4WP >EM92 59/59
W4VAS >EM84 59+
WT0J Jim >EL98...10WATTS HB 3L YAGI AT 21FT 59/59...:p:
We chatted for quite sometime 10+ minutes
Plus a few more...Back to the opening(y)
All the Best
Gary

I made 30+ contacts in 90 minutes today...
Best so far:
Venezuela and Canary Is.
Hrd Scotland but could not work him

Damn. At this very moment I am sitting in a motel in North Sydney Nova Scotia to catch the ferry tomorrow morning to VO1. I had planned to take the FT-857D with me but I did not get another antenna mount made up in time and switching out the 2m/70cm antenna for 6m would be a PITA so no go. I can only imagine the pileups running VO1/mobile from a few rare grid squares along the west coast and up the Great Northern Peninsula. Sorry guys.........maybe next time.

Wild opening today: From Central IN today's opening was Short Skip to Mississippi Valley both North, Central and South Huge Signals some 40 over S9.
Also at same time SE to Fla and SW to TX. Then right in middle of that DX as listed above. Worked Deep SW to AZ/NM area.
Now hearing Upper N England area 00:06z with strong sigs.
So all over the map VE-2-3-4-5's also heard.
So great opening.
DIGI-CATS (computer to computer:rolleyes:) working Japan and AISA presently...with many contacts to Euro areas from Mid-West states
CK: You would have been a HUGE Demand Rover!!
Even with 5/8th's 2m antenna(since 1/4 wave on 6m):LOL:

All the Best
Gary

Wild opening today: From Central IN today's opening was Short Skip to Mississippi Valley both North, Central and South Huge Signals some 40 over S9.
Also at same time SE to Fla and SW to TX. Then right in middle of that DX as listed above. Worked Deep SW to AZ/NM area.
Now hearing Upper N England area 00:06z with strong sigs.
So all over the map VE-2-3-4-5's also heard.
So great opening.
DIGI-CATS (computer to computer:rolleyes:) working Japan and AISA presently...with many contacts to Euro areas from Mid-West states
CK: You would have been a HUGE Demand Rover!!
Even with 5/8th's 2m antenna(since 1/4 wave on 6m):LOL:

All the Best
Gary

Yeah thought of the Larsen 5/8 magmount I have. I used it many years ago on 6m and it worked fine. Problem is it is a magmount. I hate running cable thru the door and also what those mounts do to the paint. Not a big deal on my former vehicles. I need another 3/8-24 or SO-239 mount anyway to swap out antennas for HF or 6m. My next vehicle will antennas from the start I think.........gotta go grab breakfast and head to the ferry terminal. :)

Yeah thought of the Larsen 5/8 magmount I have. I used it many years ago on 6m and it worked fine. Problem is it is a magmount. I hate running cable thru the door and also what those mounts do to the paint. Not a big deal on my former vehicles. I need another 3/8-24 or SO-239 mount anyway to swap out antennas for HF or 6m. My next vehicle will antennas from the start I think.........gotta go grab breakfast and head to the ferry terminal. :)
check hustler nutronic out. They got 3/8 x 24 in many flavors from 2 m on into 6 and other bands

Wide OPEN TODAY to EM79!!!! 4.14.2020

FLA(at least 10 contacts)/GA x 2 /VA/MO/TX/Mich x2 /Minn/Tenn/OH
CUBA
30+ Minute QSO with 2 op's from Lousiana Em30 1250km distance
2) AM Contacts on 50.400 in FLA...
They said the Yaesu FTdx3000D sounded GREAT!:whistle:

Reactions: Blackcat630
Damn. At this very moment I am sitting in a motel in North Sydney Nova Scotia to catch the ferry tomorrow morning to VO1. I had planned to take the FT-857D with me but I did not get another antenna mount made up in time and switching out the 2m/70cm antenna for 6m would be a PITA so no go. I can only imagine the pileups running VO1/mobile from a few rare grid squares along the west coast and up the Great Northern Peninsula. Sorry guys.........maybe next time.
dang it your a day late n dollar short now ck

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated