• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

6m is coming to Life

BJ radionut

Supporting Member and 6m addict
May 9, 2008
35 miles East of Indianapolis
Not getting any yard work done today!:ROFLMAO:
GRIDS WORKED TODAY FROM EM79:
EL19...EL29...EL39...EL49
EM60...3 stations
EM50....EM56....EM89

Stations Hrd in Grids: But did not work due to other traffic on frequency.
EM00...EM01...EM32...EM68
DM54
Band was very active.
Signals were very strong! From 11:00z thru 15:00z
I don't think it is over yet!;)
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Add: ZF1EJ /EK99...Eden...Cayman Islands 59...22:56z...Eden was Pounding in here to Ind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackcat630

JFL........Here I am at home for the next six weeks recovering from knee surgery I had today and no 6m antennas up. Might have to load up the 80m dipole on 6m and see what happens.

Sorry to hear that you are laid CK. Get well soon.

Yeah this was expected but not quite this soon. There was a cancellation and I got less than two weeks notice. Couldn't be at a worse time for work however. Got a promotion one day and a call with an appointment for surgery the next day. I was supposed to begin training now and take over the new position the first of June. I won't even be back know until around the Middle of June and still need training. Oh well it is hat it is. Just wish I had my six element 6m yagi up. :(

May 12.2018
Last few days band has been rather quiet. Though there were a few stations worked from Indiana and Midwest states working to SW...ie...TX/LA/OK and even as far away as AZ/CA/NM.
There has been some "Enhancement" on signals from about Sunrise +/- hour...and same around Sunset in the evening. So keep listening and call CQ...don't just check the radio on occasion, one must leave the rig on and playing to catch the openings.
Lots of time band open and nobody knows it.
Case in point ZF1EJ/Eden was worked by me when there was no indicators or beacons present when he called CQ. Then there he was S9 to Indiana.
The DX clusters help, however many ops never post their contacts.
Good Luck and hope to hear some activity during the Sprint.

Note: If you have an old analog police scanner, many cover 6m FM...plug 52.525 in memory(National US / FM calling frequency)...this can be a good indicator of activity.
You may also try looking for 6m FM repeaters in and around your area 100-300 miles away and load the input and output frequencies into memories also for more indicators of openings.
50.400 is the National US AM calling frequency.
50.100 - 50.125 is the Worldwide DX SSB Window (w / 50.125 being the call frequency)
50.127 - 50. 200 is the Normal SSB contacts band section
(50.110 being the INTERNATIONAL CW/SSB call frequency)
With 50.110 - 50.125 excluded section from : "Chit-Chat" operation...though 50.125 has of late, can be a zoo when the band opens, best to make a contact on 50.125 and then announce your moving UP the band and listening for more.
50.080 - 50.110 is the most used CW DX Window
Other indicators are Worldwide CW beacons: 50:000 - 50.080...Great indicators of openings!
Most CW/SSB activity will best be worked with a Horizontal Antenna.
FM activity is primarily Vertical antennas
All the Best
Gary/W9FNB

Yeah this was expected but not quite this soon. There was a cancellation and I got less than two weeks notice. Couldn't be at a worse time for work however. Got a promotion one day and a call with an appointment for surgery the next day. I was supposed to begin training now and take over the new position the first of June. I won't even be back know until around the Middle of June and still need training. Oh well it is hat it is. Just wish I had my six element 6m yagi up. :(
Are you getting the replacement or repair? I have a three element yagi that is in storage in my garage.
I also have a rotator and a two meter yagi in there. Just not motivated to put it all up.

Last edited:
Are you getting the replacement or repair? I have a three element yagi that is in storage in my garage.
I also have a rotator and a two meter yagi in there. Just not motivated to put it all up.

A basic tune up and routine maintenance for now but I am a prime candidate for a total replacement down the road. I completely blew out the meniscus and tore the ACL. Dr. said there were many pieces of meniscus free floating around and a piece folded back on itself so he cleaned that up and the rest of the meniscus was so bad he had to remove it completely. The ACL has a partial tear and is still functional so he was not worried about that. Lots of bone-on-bone wear too so he smoothed out that as best he could. Looking at six weeks off now due to the state of affairs inside the knee. Looks like June 19 for a back to work date.

The wife had a total replacement done and she was hopping on back of my motorcycle after only 4 weeks. She had cabin fever so bad the bike ride was just she needed.

Yeah I was walking on it that day and went to the grocery store with my wife the following day. Two days after I was driving to the dr. to pick up paperwork needed for work. Then the anesthetics and painkillers that were injected into the knee at the time wore off and that slowed me down. Well that and the wife. :D She is a nurse and entered that mode so I had to back off a bit.:ROFLMAO: Actually I admit I did too much the first couple days until things started to go downhill. Now I look at six weeks off as a pre-vacation vacation. (y)

I had a torn medial meniscus trimmed back in 1982 when arthroscopic surgery was new. They had injected a lot of pain killers along the femur and the nerve, I couldn't feel my leg from just above the to the foot. They also had some real serious opiates for me from the pharmacy.
The one thing I remember the most was the swelling and how tender the skin was.

giphy.gif
Hijack in progress :LOL: Now coverting from 6m discussion to Geritol Net:D

Last edited:
Reactions: Blackcat630

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.