• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

980 SSB + Roger Beep

I am glad the OP got his answer, for me if I hear a RB on the ham bands I ignore that operator. I hear them on 2 meters a lot as some ops think its a cool feature on their Baofengs.

I don’t communicate with anyone on any band that has any noise toys including a roger beep.I have the ability to turn off our local repeaters so I will ask anyone who should come on them to turn off the Roger Beep and if they don’t then I will turn them off so they won’t be using them. I know everyone will not agree with that decision but it has not been needed since nobody has ever came onto the repeaters with a Roger Beep so far.One part of being on Amateur Radio is not hearing the noise toys and the reasons why the 11 meter band has been named the Children’s Band.I expect it there but I will never tolerate it on any Amateur Radio Band.

SIX-SHOOTER

Reactions: BJ radionut
Here’s a reason to be annoyed. Here’s an example of annoying. Here’s an example of a friggin’ train wreck.

OP isn’t trying to be annoying. Certainly not on this level. I’m oddly intrigued by this, how do you say?, ah yes... POS.

Reactions: Rwb
I don’t communicate with anyone on any band that has any noise toys including a roger beep.I have the ability to turn off our local repeaters so I will ask anyone who should come on them to turn off the Roger Beep and if they don’t then I will turn them off so they won’t be using them. I know everyone will not agree with that decision but it has not been needed since nobody has ever came onto the repeaters with a Roger Beep so far.One part of being on Amateur Radio is not hearing the noise toys and the reasons why the 11 meter band has been named the Children’s Band.I expect it there but I will never tolerate it on any Amateur Radio Band.

SIX-SHOOTER
No need for a roger beep on a repeater anyway.. dont most have a courtesy tone..

It’s been announced many times on one of our repeaters that touch tone commands on this system serve no purpose, yet some of the same people feel the urge to play around with their multifunctional keypad anyway. Maddening… Sometimes I wish those keypad mics were only sold as an extra, but they became a standard on many rigs. I'm old school. Mics are more reliable without all that extra garbage anyway.

Reactions: SIX-SHOOTER
It looks like by what you posted it piggybacks onto the circuit but I just got home from the dentist and I’m kinda loopy right now.

Give me awhile to come back to earth and I’ll look again. Or someone else chime in and offer advice on this.
kinda did you say SITH PIMP?

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.