• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

A completely UNHACKED Cobra 2000GTL LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
robb & loosecannon i dont understand all of the negativity towards tim he is open with what he does he tell the customers everything that he is doing so it seems to me you guys dont have a leg to stand on i dont know im not a radio tech but you 2 say you are not radio techs so how can you judge ? this is getting old lets move on to more important things in life im like the poodle that screwed the skunk it been fun but iv had all i can stand

robb & loosecannon i dont understand all of the negativity towards tim he is open with what he does he tell the customers everything that he is doing so it seems to me you guys dont have a leg to stand on i dont know im not a radio tech but you 2 say you are not radio techs so how can you judge ? this is getting old lets move on to more important things in life im like the poodle that screwed the skunk it been fun but iv had all i can stand
What you said is a cop out.

There are no judgments here. Just opinions like yours.

You will understand soon enough that it wasn't negativity we pointed out. What negativity was there was directed at the minions. As you said yourself, you can't tell the difference. There was one real tech that did comment on Tim's statement, but you still haven't figured on that yet.

My last post on alignment procedure clearly spells out the real issue here.

I do recommend you find some alignment tools and learn to do alignments for yourself someday soon. It isn't rocket science and can be done if you just follow the alignment procedure that you said you read in an earlier post. Best wishes.

Last edited:
i can see also robb thanks for you time and your reply i dont know much about radios but just trying to understand why

look as far as the aligment by book i see what you are saying but he is telling the customers that he does not use a scope so they know its like timing the old chevy without a timing light just do it by ear and it runs a lot better starts faster not every thing is better by the book

I totally agree with you. it is possible to make a radio better by tuning it by ear, if its well out to begin with. Which i don't doubt many of Tim's customers radios are, going by some of their statements on here.

On the flip side to that statement you yourself admits he gets them "BETTER", but not the best they can be, only proper test equipment will allow a good tech to achieve that. Thats what people here have been trying to tell him, when you go public on repairing/modding radios and charge people, if your not 100% or very close to it then others WILL comment on it.

Bringing all his customers onto a forum to give testimonials will do nothing to improve the credibility of what Tim himself has actually said.

A). because no-one knows them here, therefore they have zero credibility themselves,

B). because as customers its already blatantly obvious they know less than the guy they try to defend.

and

3). (whoops that was a godfather of ampbuilding slip,lol) At the end of the day it was Tim's own admittals which brought questions, not a disgruntled customer.

if you have any doubts of what people have said and what those people have for credentials, you are now a forum member, free to read all their backposts, and it won't be long till you realise who knows what and who doesn't. it's all there in black and white.

p.s. tuning a chevy and tuning a radio, are worlds apart. And tuning by the book isn't always ideal, many service manuals have errors, which a good tech will notice, why? because his high quality test equipment will tell him ;)

Reactions: 1 person
p.s. tuning a chevy and tuning a radio, are worlds apart. And tuning by the book isn't always ideal, many service manuals have errors, which a good tech will notice, why? because his high quality test equipment will tell him ;)

So true on publications having mistakes or incorrect information.

It is the technician with PROPER test equipment and KNOWLEDGE that discovers the mistakes in the service manuals and then does the proper thing, submits a report identifying the mistake.

I have some questions for you buddy! I herd you are giving your customers what they ask for on their CB Radios? I tell them what they should have or not have on their radio. If it didnt come on the radio it dont need to be there! Just who do you think you are man? Then I hear you have a show on the internet where they can watch you work on their radio and actually communicate with you in real time. I just dont know what this world is comming too!!! My customers can talk to me when they pay me!
Other than that I dont want to hear from them. I know more than they do! They say you have a policy where if you screw up a radio you replace it free of charge? Nobody else is doing this man! Why do you feel you have to? Huh?? I dont know who the hell you think you are but something has to be done about you Mr.!!!! When I work on a customers radio they dont need to see me wrap it up in a blanket and beat it with a hammer. Most of the time that works but if it dont I tell them it broke during shipping and I hope the fool got insurance. Why do you have so much more business than me? I have a scope and know how to use it. Even tho just because I have one does not mean I actually use it. They wont know because they cant see me hahaha. You and your A1 customer service makes me sick! Then you had the nerve to have testamonials from your customers. This is makeing me white hot mad! I'm calling the CB Tech Repair Police on you this instant!!! I bellieve it is my duty to this nation to expose people like you! I'm going to tell the world and all the other CB repair people all over the internet about you and what your doing. Your makeing us all look bad! Just thinking about you and all that you do puts a bad taste in my mouth! I'm going to get the rest of the band wagon jumpers to join me. Your just EVIL!!!

Oh boy. Talk about trying to stir the pot and fan the flames, :whistle: can't wait to see what this thread looks like when I get home from work this afternoon. I see a lock in the near future. :LOL:

Reactions: 1 person
Oh boy. Talk about trying to stir the pot and fan the flames, :whistle: can't wait to see what this thread looks like when I get home from work this afternoon. I see a lock in the near future. :LOL:

And it may come sooner than you think. I have been avoiding posting in this thread but I can only take so much. All I am going to say on the matter about aligning radios by ear is that if, and I mean IF, the radio is a basket case to begin with then yes you can do a quick alignment by ear and be in the ballpark. It still needs to be adjusted using proper gear. Simply tuning everything for a maximum reading on a meter or for loudest volume is BS. It is entirely possible to peak a stage too high and have it overload the following stage. As for modulation, if you don't use an oscilloscope to set the modulation level or a REAL modulation meter, and I do not mean a Dosy mod meter or equal, then you are in no way going to ensure the radio does not over modulate. My first choice for mod setting is a 'scope and my second choice is my Wave Tek 4101 AM/FM modulation meter. That meter alone costs about $1000 so it speaks for itself regarding quality comparisons to a Dosy test centre.

wavetek4101.jpg

BTW, For those that don't know, I spent 22 years in commercial broadcasting and set modulation levels up on commercial broadcasting gear, both AM and FM. I have also aligned HF/VHF/UHF gear and it was never done by ear. It was always done by the book,you know that little piece of vital info that tells you what levels should be present and where.

i do not see any of the points i made being responded to.

i do not see any of the new members reading all the posts in the thread and attempting a response to them.

i do see a troll or two coming to light, which is just sad.

i do think this thread has a lot of truth in it, but i am sure some would debate that.

i do think that it has run its course, changed course a year after it started, and then completely derailed due to people taking offense to what has been posted.

i can see no further benefit from continuing to respond to this thread, and with that, im 10-7.
LC

Status
Not open for further replies.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.