• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.
  • Retevis is giving away THREE radios for their 16th Anniversary! Click Here to enter!

A shout out to LDG tuners.

Lost Ram

426 in the North East Corner of the Texas Bayou
I Support WorldwideDX.com!
Was just thinking about how Good LDG has always treated me. For those that dont know, they make automatic antenna tuners up to 1000 watts capabilities. Many of the Ham users need these and so do some CB operators as well. While they dont do full legal limit of 1.5KW they do pretty well at 1KW. Anyhow, I had to send six of their products back to them after I suffered a lightning strike that came in on the power companies common/ground side so none of my ground protection mattered at this point. The six units showed up today packed very well as normal. 4-AT-1000pro2, 1 AT-200pro2, and one M-1000 meter. I wrote a letter along with the form they have to fill out explaining about the lightning damage in detail. Only one of the AT-1000pro2 did not have lightning damage because it was user induced because I put legal limit 1.5KW into it for a long time without realizing it. This was all explained as well. The units are also all out of warranty as they have been in the past when I sent in for user induced failures. In the past they always took care of me with failures that were my fault, I just explained in detail on their form that I cause it and they always took care of me. This time was a bit different but still good. The units that could be repaired were taken care of at no charge. The units that were fried from the lightning were not and I was offered a 40% discount for new items because they could not be repaired. So with that said, I just wanted to give a shout out to LDG Tuners for always treating more then fair even when I caused the damage.
 

Normally folks hear about bad companies and such so I figured some positive news would be good. I have had to send many items to them in the past as well due to issues I caused and every time I explain how I broke it and they have always taken care of me.
 

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.