• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Advice, thoughts, needed on my impending roof tripod install

E
this is also the option ill be going back to since my tower went down, I had one of those on my roof already with no issues, I did use bolts,washers and nuts to secure it niceand tight to the roof
Even if a dude has existing towers, these tripods are a great way to put more metal in the air cheap. If it leaks, it wasn't installed right. Lol

Myself never had a problem w/ tripods causing a leak on a Brand New Roof , I'd put RTV on the Lag Bolts , seal the tops w/ Lexonite ( What ever that tar roof crap is ) NO Leaks . jmo

Reactions: Mudfoot
Actually was thinking of putting a Metal Roof on my house next time , but afraid it will effect my beam I'm getting ready to install . Any Input ? Sorry to " Thread Jack " :whistle::) It just came to mind after reading all this .

I wouldn't park a beam close to a metal roof. I was initially thinking of replacing my slate with a metal roof with standing seams. The price wasn't bad, but went with shingle. I wished I had had enough $ to have kept it slate, though. The town actually tried to pass some sort of shit to keep slate if that's what you had originally. That didn't end well.

Mud , I think slate is awesome ! A lot of older homes on the East Side of Providence Ri still have them . Not sure how maintenance is ? Might be better w/ a straw hut !:LOL: Yes I thought of that ! All though metal wood last me a life time , # 1 not sure I'd like to spend a lot of time on it trying to clean my 2 wood stove chimneys & always thought w/ the beam on the eave it will partially have metal under it in any direction all the time ! It might work well @ times or bad ? Not sure think I'll stick w/ Old School roofing material !;) It's that "Snow Thing" here in the NE Corner I'd rather have it slide off than shovel it ! Also my problem is 2 layers on already , I figured " Screw it " Don't strip it lay the metal on top ! Save me quite a few $'s !:D

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated