• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Ameritron AL-80B help

It won't take 25 watts carrier into the amp to make 125-150 out. That's a good thing though because the ALC on most HF rigs will make you sound like poo if you run 25 watt carrier with anywhere near 100% modulation.

10-12 watts carrier and around 50 pep from the radio is all you need. This gets me around 125 out and 600 pep. No movement on the ALC meter, looks good on the scope and gets positive reports.

My mic is usually set to 50 and processor to 25 maybe piss some off I'll go a bit higher on just mike gain.

Tube idle

image.jpeg

looks good, graphite type tube, little color, I have seen those 3-500 look like my avatar before.

need to get those tubes glowing, getter is the term.

google how to getter 3-500Z, W8JI has some good info on the 3-500Z triodes

Well you guys. I have good news. The first 50v moble ldoms moble box was born into this world at 10:31pm 4-15-16 she came into this world Kicking and Screaming producing 1600 watts of power and only pulling 60 amps of current on a 12-volt system I'm a proud father today.. the video will be out this weekend and the official product release will be this weekend prices will be on this webpage This Weeknd. Have a good day all.. bbi gone..

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.