• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another one bites the dust

w9cll

W9WDX Amateur Radio Club Member
Jan 19, 2013
Chicago, IL
www.flickr.com
ur.jpg

Reactions: 357magnum

I bought most of my radios from universal,they would help you if you had trouble with any radio you bought from them, they would get the company your radio was from to get warrenty work done. Wish id bought all my radios from universal,1 from dx engineering gave trouble,yaesu didnt seem concerned nor dx. Been long endouring thing to get it fixed.
I will miss universal

I bought most of my radios from universal,they would help you if you had trouble with any radio you bought from them, they would get the company your radio was from to get warrenty work done. Wish id bought all my radios from universal,1 from dx engineering gave trouble,yaesu didnt seem concerned nor dx. Been long endouring thing to get it fixed.
I will miss universal

Saw you mention your Yaesu saga in a few threads. Which radio model are you having the issue with?

Reactions: Rwb
They were retirement age and ready anyway I think...Its all internet based business and DX engineering really put a hurt on them.
They were never really competitive anyway.
I was never able to transact with them, because they were always $50 -$100 higher on any major item and even +10-15% on the smalls.
Sad to see them go just the same.

All the Best
Gary

Reactions: Slowmover and Rwb
They were retirement age and ready anyway I think...Its all internet based business and DX engineering really put a hurt on them.
I was never able to transact with them, because they were always $50 -$100 higher on any major item and even +10-15% on the smalls.

All the Best
Gary
I would imagine as a mom and pop radio business it would be hard to compete with the big 3. Dx engineering, hro and gigaparts.

Reactions: Rwb

All the Best
Gary
i never minded payin universal more cause if i had radio trouble they went to bat for you. The big box companys only interested in your money n not give a damm about if you got troubles

I would imagine as a mom and pop radio business it would be hard to compete with the big 3. Dx engineering, hro and gigaparts.
I don't know much about DX Engineering, but Gigaparts?:ROFLMAO::LOL::rolleyes: They're not even a real radio store. They are primarily a computer store with some radio stuff shoved into a corner. Sure they advertise a lot, but visit their one store sometime and you'll see what I mean.
HRO is the only real big player remaining.
Universal was way more of a real radio shop than Gigaparts.

I don't know much about DX Engineering, but Gigaparts?:ROFLMAO::LOL::rolleyes: They're not even a real radio store. They are primarily a computer store with some radio stuff shoved into a corner. Sure they advertise a lot, but visit their one store sometime and you'll see what I mean.
HRO is the only real big player remaining.
Universal was way more of a real radio shop than Gigaparts.
greedy S.O.B.'S

Reactions: WECSOG

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.