• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Another unannounced one from ranger

Then go out of business and call it quits. Dont just give up and sell complete garbage for people to waste their money on. Also soiling your once good name and reputation in the end. Ridiculous
I agree with you. Cobra's HQ is just a few miles from me, I have gone by there a few times. When you go in and mention CB you get a blank stare. You ask then about FRS radios or auto electronics that will talk your head off.

Citizen Band will never have new real development, it will continue to release rehashed crap that doesn't work or needs a butt load of mods to get it right. There is such a small interest in that band anymore that the MFG's see no profit in it. If you want a decent radio then start a crowd-funded project and build a prototype, see if you can generate interest.

Even though I have given up on 11 meters 30 years ago I hate to see it in the state it is. I still have a 30-year-old Uniden Grant, it's the only 11-meter radio I own and was made in the days of real radios.

I just bought two more from Amazon, there are only a few left. Probably wont get more if I had to guess. The 936 is already sold out. I was actually trying to buy a Galaxy and could not find an SSB rig that wasn't price gouged. I will do a quick function check and stash these away for future projects or gifts.

Reactions: Slowmover
I just bought two more from Amazon, there are only a few left. Probably wont get more if I had to guess. The 936 is already sold out. I was actually trying to buy a Galaxy and could not find an SSB rig that wasn't price gouged. I will do a quick function check and stash these away for future projects or gifts.
The one radio ranger got right, for the most part. All the functions are useful and needed, no dumb echo, roger beep etc. You can actually turn the dumb talkback off, no bad drift on sideband. After a full alignment it sounds great with good output. I bought two of them as well. My only ding on it is the tx/rx light on the brightest setting will burn a hole in your retina, hahaha tell me im wrong! That thing is bright as hell. Im gonna put red digits in one and an old school meter and lamp like a 148 etc. I love the old school look. Should turn out nice.

The one radio ranger got right, for the most part. All the functions are useful and needed, no dumb echo, roger beep etc. You can actually turn the dumb talkback off, no bad drift on sideband. After a full alignment it sounds great with good output. I bought two of them as well. My only ding on it is the tx/rx light on the brightest setting will burn a hole in your retina, hahaha tell me im wrong! That thing is bright as hell. Im gonna put red digits in one and an old school meter and lamp like a 148 etc. I love the old school look. Should turn out nice.
It is crazy bright on its highest level. It would light up the whole cab and sleeper as a night light I bet.

I've seen them come and go a few times now, if they show up again I might do the same and stash one for either a rainy day or for the kids to have one day when I'm gone.

Last edited:
My grantxl is sick. So I pulled out the ol 797. I did a full alignment when I bought it and tweaked it a little. Ok a lot. But I’ve not powered it up in 2 years and thought I’d throw it in line for a temp. Still spot on. Still rolling good. I’ve got 2 of them and both needed alignment. Both needed tweaking. Both work well. For a basic Ssb mobile they are alright. For sure not my grantxl. But still do well. Old thread but thought I’d throw in.

Reactions: Rwb and Eldorado828
My grantxl is sick. So I pulled out the ol 797. I did a full alignment when I bought it and tweaked it a little. Ok a lot. But I’ve not powered it up in 2 years and thought I’d throw it in line for a temp. Still spot on. Still rolling good. I’ve got 2 of them and both needed alignment. Both needed tweaking. Both work well. For a basic Ssb mobile they are alright. For sure not my grantxl. But still do well. Old thread but thought I’d throw in.
Yeah not bad, could be worse. I've got a couple myself. Sorry to hear about your grant xl, that's a good one for sure.

Lot's of new rangers lately, most are just re-wrapped carcasses with a new face on them. Same o'l same o'l.

There's the new texas ranger top-one, strange name... exactly as the 797 inside but with an x9 type face. Same crap.

Reactions: Rwb

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated