• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Antenna wire

Yes it is a good price for a spool of wire. I beleive they are close to $30 or more at Home Depot for a spool of the same. Yep, $30 dollars. So save 4 dollars a spool. And the cost of time, gas, and all the other crap you end up buying when you go to there, great deal on this wire!! Good color choices as well.

Just curious what kind of power you guys are running through the 14 gauge? I currently have 12 gauge up, and throw about 1 kw through it. The only issue I have had is the clear liner comes off after a while. Mine is brown coated, and that part is holding up just fine.

Brett

You won't ever run enough power to worry about running 14 gauge wire for an antenna. It will handle LOTS and LOTS of kilowatts. As an antenna it radiates the power not dissapates it.

I figured that with all the thin wire antennas I see for sale advertising1500 watt capability. I just bought what the local Despot had on hand in my neighborhood. It has worked great both my end fed random wire and my delta loop. It's a stretch for me to get on 75 meters with the end fed, and I want to add some length to it to see how it does. Will probably make a dipole out of the old wire.

Brett

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.