• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any Campers here? Tent Or Trailer

Well here is my 1985 Avion. Durable as hell.
travion.JPG

Tin , You have some NICE rides ! Here New Ford Ruby Red Expedition $$ ( like most new Trucks/Suv's a 2010 Lariat w/ Pearl Paint & my old 06' Eddie Bauer Explorer just put up for sale ( 133k ) Bin , I love that tent extension ! Also I am the Big Block King ! Iv'e had & raced a few . Currently looking for some kind of rolling chassis I can put one in . :whistle: I have a Bone stock 454 w/ 38k on it & a 501 w/ Aluminum Dart Heads in my garage on a stand . It's been there longer than my Sirio 27-4 ( that's been in box 3yrs ) waiting for install as I have no help ! o_O:rolleyes: Also just looked @ a " Rockwood " not sure @ this time which route I want to go . But if I could find & Avion slide in for the right $$ ? They are Ugly , but then again ... That's me ! :ROFLMAO: Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo

r carl , I stopped Drag Racing before the " Fancy " MSD Boxes . This is just my opinion I can't stand some classes in racing now , when they hit " The Loud Peddle " , launch car goes 60' & goes on delay ! We use to call it a " Brake Peddle " :whistle::LOL: . To your/my problem unless you have that " Fancy " box or more literate to Lap Top programming , we are more or less ... :censored:'d ! JMO . Stay Healthy & Safe ! 73 & God Bless ! Leo Ps my " Younger " Friends really now how to work that Programmer ! :ROFLMAO:

Live & Learn ain’t fun.

The guys with Airstreams we warned to take down awnings overnight. Arm breaks loose on the main (big) awning and starts punching $5,000 holes.

JT STRONGARM stabilizers worth your time to read on. Same for blocks between tires.

5’ers ARE unstable. Leaf-sprung, high COG, and too much sail area.
The aero aluminum community has plenty of pics of our type surviving hurricanes where 5’ers get blown over at same location.

Never good as experience.

Takes tie-offs from frame to serious circus-tent sized stakes with ratchets to tension guys (as help). 4-corners, diagonal.

Drop tire air pressure some (if you can re-air in morning). 10-psi below the value you recorded on the CAT SCALE as the minimum according to actual load per axle

The scary part is flying debris. The crap your neighbors left out. I use 12” pressure-treat for leveling. (6) pieces. Rarely use more than 2-3. The rest I can bring inside to “cover” broken windows against winds (crappy, but better than nothing).

FWIW, GGW, I turn off the weather radio alarm, say a prayer, and go back to sleep. There’s nowhere to go. Being by myself is a little easier. Otherwise, head to campground bathrooms or whatever structure you’ve earlier ID’d.

With some warning, I will hitch truck to trailer. Have been trapped in flash flood with water above trailer axle centers and rising. Freak tropical storm that changed course 60-miles. The 500-year flood. Was able to get traction and drive 30-yards. (Yes, they float. Then they tilt over).

The reminiscence above about Colorado mountains in 1976. We drove Big Thompson Canyon the day of the flood. Waving to people dead only hours later. See Wikipedia.

Well Thanksgiving get together with family was canceled this year due to the Chinese flu, so the wife and I packed up the trailer and headed north to Halliburton Ontario for the weekend, was fun and cold, the night time low of -1 so the furnace was working well and truck towed great with the rear lowered 2" and installed some timbrens to eliminate any squatting. Happy Thanks giving to the Canadian members here and to our US friends for your upcoming thanksgiving.
Cheers!

20201010-152039.jpg

20201010-151813.jpg

20201010-152100.jpg

20201010-152054.jpg

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.