• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Any interest in a new forum section...

Moleculo

Ham Radio Nerd
Apr 14, 2002
... for Survivalists? I know a lot of Ham Radio guys are into it for SHTF scenarios and are also into firearms, camping, and being prepared in general. Would anybody be interested in discussing these topics here?

First I want to say that I am not a whackers or the very paranoid type. I do believe in being prepared for just about anything. I do not belong to any survivalist sites. I would like to see a forum concerning survival, medical kits, food storage, water storage, guns, ammo, solar backup, etc. Another forum I think would be useful would be current event within our government and financial system and how they effect us, the American citizen.

I have gotten back into amateur radio simply because I feel that at some time phones and standard communication will not be available for a period of time. It will be nice to know what is going on in other parts of the country during these times.

Ask yourself, how long would you be able to live off the food you have in your home if something happened to the trucking system and grocery shelves were empty and water you have at home if the power went out? Think about the power being out, no water, freezers will defrost in 3 days, no way to flush your toilet, no HVAC, no way to shower, think about it.
JMO, Not to offend anyone.

I agree, I'm definitely not the whacker type or paranoid, but it makes sense to be prepared for foreseeable problems.

For those of us in the midwest, that means the constant threat of a large New Madrid earthquake, ice storms, tornadoes, etc.

Not to mention the remote, yet possible, chances of civil unrest, terrorist attack, etc.

I have gotten back into amateur radio simply because I feel that at some time phones and standard communication will not be available for a period of time. It will be nice to know what is going on in other parts of the country during these times.
Now why would that even cross your mind in the land of the free ...... LINK

But yeah, I can kill for meat (which can be frozen, dried or canned), grow and can veggies, heat with wood if I have to etc. I have a diesel tractor that'll run on bout anything (new electronic diesels can be picky on fuel), or a half a dozen horses if it comes to real horsepower.

My wife and I were both raised that way, but I think eveybody should learn basic survival skills.

Now why would that even cross your mind in the land of the free ...... LINK

But yeah, I can kill for meat (which can be frozen, dried or canned), grow and can veggies, heat with wood if I have to etc. I have a diesel tractor that'll run on bout anything (new electronic diesels can be picky on fuel), or a half a dozen horses if it comes to real horsepower.

My wife and I were both raised that way, but I think eveybody should learn basic survival skills.

You are entirely right. The internet is probably the most use tool for communication for us now, what would happen if civil unrest came and the internet was shut down? Don't forget to have some seeds for your garden stored, and you DON'T want the Hy-bred! The art of canning is gone within the younger generation. But think about if you live in the big city! Looting, robbing, killing, raping! People will do things that they never would have done if they are hungry and thirsty.

I apologize to the moderator, I will back off and let others voice their opinions. It would be nice to have a forum to talk and share ideas and thoughts.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.