• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone have their gallbladder out?

...the original reason for surgery was it was most likely quite complicated...it was in the way of performing the more intricate surgery... had a perfectly good gall bladder removed for the same reason. It kept getting in the way of the surgeon.

pretty much exactly correct. I have a scar from my navel to my backbone. and a lot of important stuff that isn't in there anymore .

my doctor told me that the actual surgery survival rate was about 5%.

if I didn't have GREAT health insurance, that was willing to pay for a world renown surgeon and her staff, I'm positive that I would have died on the OR table.

Just got home from the doctor....its not apendix.......most likely gallbladder.....have to go for a ultrasound tomorrow.......i have lost 6 lbs in 5 days.....its 1:30 and i just opened a can of green beans and ate a few...wow...what a feast. :(

Just got home from the doctor....its not apendix.......most likely gallbladder.....have to go for a ultrasound tomorrow.......i have lost 6 lbs in 5 days.....its 1:30 and i just opened a can of green beans and ate a few...wow...what a feast. :(

Why are you eating that ? Have some clear soup, and sprite or gatoraid. Want to know what killed my GB pain ? Maldol those pills for women with cramps. I'm a guy and my gf at the time said to try them and it worked. Don't know if it will for you, if your in lain but its worth a shot. 6lbs in 5 days doesn't sound good :( sorry bro

Sent from my SCH-I605

Why are you eating that ? Have some clear soup, and sprite or gatoraid. Want to know what killed my GB pain ? Maldol those pills for women with cramps. I'm a guy and my gf at the time said to try them and it worked. Don't know if it will for you, if your in lain but its worth a shot. 6lbs in 5 days doesn't sound good :( sorry bro

Sent from my SCH-I605

"Green beans" I read it on a google search.....it was a gallbladder diet?

Yeah my doc said chicken noodle soup...thanks for the info and sympathy.:)

Appendix should have pain in the extreme lower right abdomen while gall bladder should be just under the ribs on the right side. Not as low as the appendix.

Appendix should have pain in the extreme lower right abdomen while gall bladder should be just under the ribs on the right side. Not as low as the appendix.

Doc said i could eat toast.....i ate a piece...started the hurting back up.

The doc said that when she pushed on my apendix....it should have hurt like heck.....the pain was up higher.

I had mine out about 6 years ago.
I had NO choice.

Strangely I had no real pain, only a flue like sickness for several mornings.

Mine turned into a systemic infection and my BP dropped
twice to under 80/40 that I remember and once on the table that I do not remember.

The near death was very peaceful that happened twice while I was awake.

I had already signed a DNR.
I told the nurse I was leaving, pointed to the BP monitor.
The nurse tilted the bed down and slapped me several times.
She said "you are NOT leaving on my shift"!

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.