• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

ANYONE HEARD THE JAMMER ON 38LSB

I saw it BBB. At least a few of us get it. Some will pull their hair out over it. Me I say screw it and either shut the radio off or change channels. Pretty simple remedies!! DX will come and go, shit heads are always gonna be around!!!

Reactions: BBB
I know it's hard to resist rage, but if the offender is too far away to do anything about it, then I move on also.

Now if they are local, then all bets are off and a good 'ol fox hunt is on... Now where did I put that interval timer for that battery powered transmitter :cautious: :whistle:

Reactions: 222DBFL
...Now if they are local, then all bets are off...

Well,................ so much for post #46...
hide.gif

That's exactly the point RS. Folks usually don't do anything about this type of interference and hide under their chair or worse yet, communicate OTA that further pushes the offenders to keep going, which as you correctly point out we're doing right now :censored:

Do you think for a minute that members of a local amateur radio club would stand idly by and let someone jam their repeater? No, because they have good fox-hunting skills at the local level. That is part of the hobby.

Stop talking about it and DO something about it folks.

W3cWoO8.jpg

Just move a channel. Plenty of dx all over 11m. I get more interesting contacts off odd freqs seems like more than often anyways. Move along now. Their always watching!!!

That's exactly the point...
Stop talking about it and DO something about it folks.

W3cWoO8.jpg
'
I see we both agree, however,........... after we know "who" and where the "who" is located,................ then what?

images

everyone knows the calls and names of the individuals on certain HF frequencies that have been creating problems for years.

14.313, 7.200, ect. the same drunk/vigilante people frequent both freqs everyday.

Nobody can track this idiot down?

Only person I ever hear anymore as a regular problem is that guy in the video with the tone generator. Haven't heard uncle fester in a couple years thank god.

The guy with the tone broadcast, if someone ever figured out who he is I'd actually take a trip to visit him, just out of principal. Our oxygen is wasted on that useless tub of lard.

If everyone subscribe to your policy these losers wouldn't even exist. They thrive off attention and without it would just melt away. Don't cry just QSY! It amazes me why everyone, or many people insist on operating 38 LSB. With so many other great frequencies on 11 meters, SSB Dxing shouldn't be wasted on 38 LSB... if I'm going to spend a short period shooting skip once or twice a week, I'm definitely not going to waste it on a channel that out of control.
Hey Hound, I'm pretty sure I heard it yesterday, Sat 6/12. I stopped and listened for a minute but didn't hang around. When the band is open 38L is a hornet's nest with too many folks trying to talk so I roll off to a higher freq. where it's quieter.

Reactions: Marconi
... It amazes me why everyone, or many people insist on operating 38 LSB... SSB Dxing shouldn't be wasted on 38 LSB... .

Perhaps, but,..... there ARE operators that use 38 as the "sideband SUPERBOWL",.....

it's not about DX, it's about being the "King"

YMMV

There were two long termed unemployed idiots on SSB yesterday. One was playing music up on 27.435 and the other was moving their VFO up and down to create noise on channel 38.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated