• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone in the firewood business?

Why is there a conversation about firewood on a communications site ?

You have been here for 14 YEARS and only made THREE posts?? I'm guessing you haven't looked around too much to see the vast content of non-communications topics in the OPEN FORUM section. Food, firearms, and fishing come to mind right off the top of my head.

Reactions: whiteastro
I would call my customers in September and ask them if they would like to buy some wood for the winter. I would explain to them that if they wait until it gets cold out, I am going to be super busy. And I usually end up running out of seasoned wood. Wouldn't you know it, the first sign of freezing temperatures or snow, and my phone wont quit ringing ..............................

I would call my customers in September and ask them if they would like to buy some wood for the winter. I would explain to them that if they wait until it gets cold out, I am going to be super busy. And I usually end up running out of seasoned wood. Wouldn't you know it, the first sign of freezing temperatures or snow, and my phone wont quit ringing ..............................

I am amazed at the people that will burn green wood. My wood was always cut in the winter before I burned it, It was hauled home and split as soon as the snow was off. It was piled so it would dry well and then kept under cover in the fall when it was put into my basement or wood shed. I shake my head at these people that start calling looking for wood in the fall and get fresh cut wood to burn.

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?