• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

Anyone near Ocala, FL?

Wow. A Dumb Ass that think it's cool to have a cobra I'm sure!! Man he needs to have the book thrown at him!! But I hate snakes so I may be a bit biased LOL!! We have too many poisonous snakes here already as well as very invasive species, mainly the python and anacondas. Now some dip shit let his cobra get loose. There is a lot of woods out by Ocala, would be hard pressed to think they will find it, unless it was right in downtown and they they knew how long and where to look. But if it gets to any woods, I think you can kiss that sucker good bye!! Maybe a hunter will kill him.
At any rate. This should just not be legal, and I don't think it is, to possess a snake as such!! Not unless you are a very locked down facility that caters to snakes and such animals. Just my 10 cents worth!!!

yea i think it is in town,,,,900 block of Northeast Ninth Street in Ocala,,,,,, and it is only about 2 foot long,,,,,,,and the temps that are going to be the next few days it might be trying to find a warm place,,,,,,like someones home,,,,,,

Reactions: 222DBFL
I watched a documentary on FL's invasive species. A lot of those critters are the "behind the counter" deals at the reptile shows and what people smuggle into the state. The warn year round weather means once a invasive creepy crawly gets loose they can thrive. If there's a pair - they breed.

That's the big deterrent for me moving south when I retire. POISONOUS THINGS!!! I've lived in MI for 11 years and haven't seen one snake yet. Not nearly as many bugs in the summer where I live either compared to living in the south.

Reactions: 222DBFL and Robb
I watched a documentary on FL's invasive species. A lot of those critters are the "behind the counter" deals at the reptile shows and what people smuggle into the state. The warn year round weather means once a invasive creepy crawly gets loose they can thrive. If there's a pair - they breed.

That's the big deterrent for me moving south when I retire. POISONOUS THINGS!!! I've lived in MI for 11 years and haven't seen one snake yet. Not nearly as many bugs in the summer where I live either compared to living in the south.
Think I've seen that documentary; seems they have certain boa constrictor population problem that isn't indigenous to FL.

Pythons, they are constrictors, and the rock python the most aggressive.
S FL has a huge invasive species problem.

Most blame it on the hurricane that took most of homestead FL off the map, reptile stores got damaged and they escaped or the stores just turned the snakes and lizards loose to fend for their selves before evacuating before the hurricane.

Either way FL does have a big problem with invasive species.

Speed week just finished, Spring break and bike week is happening, so now FL has more invasive species. Some of the coldest days yet this winter with temps reaching 58 degree for a high and in low 40 at night, sure puts a hurting on bikini watching at Daytona beach,

I think the owner should do 5 years hard time for endangering the lives of the community......plus if the snake hurts or kills someone, 10 years or more.
People who own snakes like this are lower life forms.

Reactions: BJ radionut
Oh, how I love Florida. I used to lived in Orlando. Also, used to live in Sarasota, and Kissimmee.

Only in Florida, does someone think that a pet COBRA is a brilliant idea. The gators aren't enough of a challenge; what we need is deadly vipers. Ones that don't sound a rattle when you get too close.

Sadly, my wife hates Florida, so I guess I won't be living down there with the crazy people, anytime soon.

Oh, how I love Florida. I used to lived in Orlando. Also, used to live in Sarasota, and Kissimmee.

Only in Florida, does someone think that a pet COBRA is a brilliant idea. The gators aren't enough of a challenge; what we need is deadly vipers. Ones that don't sound a rattle when you get too close.

Sadly, my wife hates Florida, so I guess I won't be living down there with the crazy people, anytime soon.

Florida is one of 3 states that won the worst drivers in the USA award.......our insurance rates reflect that. : (.
Nothing surprises me anymore........idiots and illegals seem to be drawn to Florida.
My wife retired so we are in the process of selling the house and moving to our New Hampshire house where 99.99% of residents speak English.
People who love to watch snakes kill live animals are morally bankrupt.
This type of Cobra I have no problem with.

Last edited:

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • dxBot:
    Tucker442 has left the room.
  • @ BJ radionut:
    LIVE 10:00 AM EST :cool:
  • @ Charles Edwards:
    I'm looking for factory settings 1 through 59 for a AT 5555 n2 or AT500 M2 I only wrote down half the values feel like a idiot I need help will be appreciated