• You can now help support WorldwideDX when you shop on Amazon at no additional cost to you! Simply follow this Shop on Amazon link first and a portion of any purchase is sent to WorldwideDX to help with site costs.

anyone seen this new microphone

Some people might call that mic style “retro-chic.” ;) I like the looks of the old ribbon mics, but not one mounted on that stand. I would remove the head if I had one, and mount it upside down on a mic boom arm (true broadcast style). Then I’d put a hole plug in the leftover base and use it separately.
Why go through all that trouble? If you want a studio microphone just buy one. All those great old Adonis, Shure etc etc. Why would you spend or anybody spend so much money on a plastic microphone and then rip it apart in order to try to make it something it's not? RETRO CHIC?! When those two words come together to describe a CB or ham radio microphone I have nightmares.

silver salute sounds like shit, it is a cheap power mic in a tacky case, more ornamental than usable,
you can mod the mic amp to sound better but you can't make a silk purse from a sows ear,

I own a few or have owned a few desk mics,
The delta to my ears sounds as good or better than my
salute,
stock eagles,
all adonis models from early am503 amplified mic to am7800e equaliser/compressor, mc80,mc85,
shure 526t,
sidekick +3b

don't know what delta build quality is like, could be built like a sadelta clown mic but they sound ok.

That mic reminds me of that crappy "SILVER SALUTE" D-104 look-alike they are selling. I would love to hear what the silver salute mic sounds like on the air..
Concidering how crappy silver eagles sound I would imagine a poor coppy (omage) to the astatic d104 SE would most likely sound worse.
I've said this before, and say it again.
The fet mod available for the d104's changes the dynamics of how they sound.
Loosecannon fet modified one of my silver eagles, and I can't tell you how many times I've been asked what mic I was using (on SSB and AM.)
I used that very mic for over three years along with my uniden madison (before the modification was performed,) and I don't recall ever being asked that question once before loosecannon's mod. A version of loosecannon's fet mod is available on line. There's even a couple of very good YouTube clips on how to perform the modification. If you have the knowledge, and soldering skills to perform a modification like this go right ahead and do it. You will never have a better sounding d104. If not drop loosecannon a PM and ask him to do the mod for you. His work was excellent. The price was worth every $ and your audio reports will exponentially change for the better. 73's

Last edited:
If you look you will see there is no continuity in design. It looks like someone took a Shure microphone from stage around 1950's and slapped it onto a project box. You have round and oval design clashing with hard square shape. So while engineers be they mechanical or electrical design the parts that do the work a designer would polish the outside to make it all flow and look good to the eye. If either is lacking in a finished product in the marketplace it normally is a warning sign about the nature of the rest of the products design or lack thereof! LOL

Your op aakas what people thought about the mic. You wanted opiates on the mic. I gave you my opinion, and stated it to be exactly that.
That mic is junk. That's my opinion. I only stated other mic choices as many others read these posts, and their replies. Good day to you.

Do you own one of these mics? If you do, you are qualified to judge them. If you don't, you are not qualified to judge them. :rolleyes:

Your op aakas what people thought about the mic. You wanted opiates on the mic. I gave you my opinion, and stated it to be exactly that.
That mic is junk. That's my opinion. I only stated other mic choices as many others read these posts, and their replies. Good day to you.

Do you own one of these mics? If you do, you are qualified to judge them. If you don't, you are not qualified to judge them.
Yep looks poorly designed and cheaply built. I do not want chromed plastic at that price point. On top of that they sell Echo boxes and boards so that puts them in "White Trash" territory which immediately means none of my money will go tot hem! If they built something that was made like a D104 with chrome plated metal tubes and casting and leaf switches I would buy one in a hurry! I am not the plastic type of guy! If it is plastic it had better be thick high dollar plastic even better if it is glass reinforced nylon or the like. The cheap garbage that all the mic companies turn out now like Astatic, RoadKing, Turner etc.....is not worth buying you would be better off to toss a mic element in a butter dish!

Yes, but how do you really feel about this mic? :ROFLMAO:

Still has a family resemblance to the Galaxy Echo Master.

The big red PTT button sure looks like a Sadelta mike.

So, is "Delta" the new "Sadelta"?

dont waste your time with the haters riverrat. there not worth the time.
haters will hate. i know its a good mic. dont care what the haters say

Reactions: riverrat373
I seem to remember seeing a cheap mic for home studio/podcasting use that looked exactly like the head on that thing, I think someone is sourcing the mic from someone else and adapting it to CB use with that base.

Until someone here buys one we won't know how good or bad it actually works.

Reactions: 357magnum
I seem to remember seeing a cheap mic for home studio/podcasting use that looked exactly like the head on that thing, I think someone is sourcing the mic from someone else and adapting it to CB use with that base.

Until someone here buys one we won't know how good or bad it actually works.

I'm on social security so I have to watch my budget but I do plan on buying one when my March check is deposited. I'll let every one know my findings. If it's no good I'll just sell it on the bay. :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 357magnum
Let us know RR ( I'm sure you will ) work or not the mic caught my eye the first time I saw it although I'm not a big fan of the Gold one . How ever I did do some research an read audio quality is not up to par , BUT every radio is different ! Just my 2 cents .:whistle::confused:

Reactions: riverrat373
i own one. bought it when they first came out. i use it on my kenwood. everyone i talk to says it sounds fantastic.yes the ptt button looks like sadelta button. but i have never had a problem with it. and it looks cool next to my kenwood

dxChat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • @ Wildcat27:
    Hello I have a old school 2950 receives great on all modes and transmits great on AM but no transmit on SSB. Does anyone have any idea?
  • @ ButtFuzz:
    Good evening from Sunny Salem! What’s shaking?
  • dxBot:
    63Sprint has left the room.
  • dxBot:
    kennyjames 0151 has left the room.